2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Admin

That's a shame. Totally unexpected apparently, too.

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. has been suspended for the first game of the season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the NFL announced Friday. Fowler will miss the Jags' Week 1 game against the New York Giants, but he is eligible to participate in all preseason games and practices.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have traded quarterback Johnny Manziel to the Montreal Alouettes, reuniting him with the coach who recruited him to Texas A&M.

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

That's a shame. Totally unexpected apparently, too.

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. has been suspended for the first game of the season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the NFL announced Friday. Fowler will miss the Jags' Week 1 game against the New York Giants, but he is eligible to participate in all preseason games and practices.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have traded quarterback Johnny Manziel to the Montreal Alouettes, reuniting him with the coach who recruited him to Texas A&M.

Keep in the CFL thread Lineker.  

But since you brought it up, I'm not thrilled my Ti-Cats are moving Manziel, but if they got a good haul for a player they weren't using.

Rams sign Todd Gurley to a 4 year $60M/$45M guaranteed contract extension.

So not only another Rams extension for someone not named Aaron Donald but really highlights how shitty the Steelers offer to Le'Veon Bell was. 

• Like 2

Damn, Gurley got paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.  Good for him.

Meanwhile I'm still wondering if the Giants and Beckham will hammer out a new contract before the end of preseason.  He's done all the right things this offseason and is keeping his promise of reporting to camp on day one.

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

That Gurley contract just means Bell is gonna be able to command $15-20 mil a year in guaranteed money when he hits the market next year. Someone will give it to him.

It'll be someone like the Dolphins or Redskins, where he won't possibly be enough to help them win too. 

I was wondering if the Giants could avoid having a comical amount of injuries again this year, especially with the misery the Mets are handing me with their own stupid injuries..  And on day one of training camp the answer seems that it will be an emphatic no.

Sam Beal, whom the Giants forfeited their 2019 third round pick for after taking him in the supplemental draft two weeks ago, injured his shoulder a ten minutes into training camp and he's out for the season.

• Admin

Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff announced late Wednesday night that wide receiver Julio Jones will report for the start of training camp on Thursday. The Falcons have agreed to a revised contract that adjusts Jones' salary for the 2018 season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation.

The Cardinals have picked up Tre Boston.

On 25/07/2018 at 10:19, Busch Luck Fale said:

I was wondering if the Giants could avoid having a comical amount of injuries again this year, especially with the misery the Mets are handing me with their own stupid injuries..  And on day one of training camp the answer seems that it will be an emphatic no.

Sam Beal, whom the Giants forfeited their 2019 third round pick for after taking him in the supplemental draft two weeks ago, injured his shoulder a ten minutes into training camp and he's out for the season.

Already looking like a Giant bust.