2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

On 23/05/2018 at 15:45, The Chiksrara Special said:

This hurts me but I may have to give up on the NFL. This isn't ok

I feel like I want to give up on the NFL too.

Liking a good team though, it makes it hard.  That and being the only one you know in person willing to give it up.

• Admin

The Bears have re-signed tight end Zach Miller to a one-year contract, the team announced Monday. Miller's career might have been over after he suffered a catastrophic knee injury last season, but the Bears guaranteed the 33-year-old a minimum of $458,000 for 2018, according to ProFootballTalk.com. Miller would collect $790,000 -- the full monetary value of his split contract -- if he manages to play in the upcoming season.

Free-agent linebacker Mychal Kendricks has agreed to a one-year deal with the Cleveland Browns worth up to $3.5 million, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

• Like 1

• Admin

Western Michigan cornerback Sam Beal is petitioning the NCAA to become eligible for the NFL's supplemental draft next month, when he could become the highest-selected player since the Cleveland Browns used a second-round supplemental pick on Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon in 2012, per league sources.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Beal already was projected as one of the top picks in the 2019 NFL draft. If he is in next month's supplemental draft, NFL personnel people believe he likely would be picked somewhere in the first three rounds.

The only two players picked there over the past decade were Gordon and Terrelle Pryor, who was the Oakland Raiders' third-round pick in the 2011 supplemental draft.

Virginia Tech cornerback Adonis Alexander, who was ruled academically ineligible before being thrown off his team, is applying for the supplemental draft and will be a candidate to be picked as well.

Since the supplemental draft was created in 1977, only 43 players have been selected. Beal is poised to become the 44th.

1 hour ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Edelman is set to fight a 4 game PED ban

With the Lance Armstrong defense.

"I have passed hundreds of tests without a positive sample" Like...ok? That doesn't mean you didn't take something to get popped for it now, conveniently coming off of an ACL tear...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Admin

The next move in Colin Kaepernick's collusion case against the NFL could involve subpoenas against President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, according to a report.

Kaepernick and his legal team are expected to seek a federal subpoena to get testimony from Trump, Pence and other officials, Yahoo Sports! reported Thursday. The goal, according to the report, is to find out, via the Federal Arbitration Act, what Trump, Pence and those officials said in direct discussions with NFL owners about Kaepernick's free agency and NFL player protests during the national anthem.

Kaepernick became the first player to sit and later kneel during the anthem as a way of protesting police brutality and racial injustice. He has not played for an NFL team since opting out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March 2017 and is suing the league, claiming the owners colluded by not signing him to a contract.

While testifying as part of the collusion case, several NFL owners said in depositions that Trump factored into conversations about how to handle protests during the national anthem, The Wall Street Journal reported on May 30.

In his testimony, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Trump spoke with him about the anthem.

"This is very winning, strong issue for me," Jones said Trump told him during a phone call. "Tell everybody, you can't win this one. This one lifts me."

The Journal also reported that Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross testified that New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft had also discussed the anthem with Trump.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Kraft are also among the people who have been deposed in the case.

While at an Alabama rally in September, Trump blasted NFL players who knelt during the anthem. He said owners should pull players who kneel from games and referred to a player who protested during the anthem as a "son of a bitch."

NFL owners approved a new policy at the league meetings earlier this month that requires all players and team personnel on the field to stand during the national anthem. They have the option to remain in the locker room for the anthem if they choose.

If players or personnel on the field do not stand, the league can subject teams to a fine. Teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. Good for them. Owens talks this big game and he's been crying about not getting into the Hall for how long now? He finally gets in but doesn't want to go to the ceremony? Fuck that. It's because he wants the entire spotlight on himself and doesn't want to share it with anybody.

And this is coming from somebody that loved watching TO play.