2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

So the police say there isn't enough to charge Zeke, and the person the NFL has investigating the case says he shouldn't be suspended...he gets 6 games.

The NFL comes out and publicly states that it believes the accuser and finds her statements to be credible, Jameis gets 3 games.   And this isn't Jameis first sexual assault allegation.

It's fucking unbelievable how they cannot just set a precedent for this kind of thing and stick to it.  How can you fuck this up literally every single time?

• Like 5

Yeah 6 should be the baseline minimum for Jameis seeing as he has prior and has basically admitted to it.  I hope the legal proceedings go well for the woman and the full extent of the law is thrown at him.

Fuck him anyway.  The Buccs would be crazy to extend him. I'd pull the 5th year option and cut bait if I were them.

It's nice that NFL is focusing on things that matter though, like standing up for the fucking anthem.

• Like 2

NFL doesn't care about these things, so there's no way the Bucs don't keep Jameis around. NFL General Managers and owners don't have enough hair on their ass to take a stand and release a "franchise" quarterback, simply because of a couple sexual assaults

• Like 1

Jameis is only a borderline franchise QB at best anyway and do you really want to be making this guy the highest paid guy in football? Because that's what all new franchise QB contracts do.

This is his 3rd sexual assault accusation. That's one more than Ben "Definitely Raped at least 1 person" Roethlisberger. All other indications is that he's an immature asshole and his behaviour and leadership style just comes off as weird. I'd either tag and trade him or just let him hit free agency if I were Tampa. He's trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Two players selected in the Supplemental Draft today.

Western Michigan CB Sam Beal goes to the Giants who will give up a 3rd round pick in 2019.
Virginia Tech CB Adonis Alexander goes to the Redskins who will give up a 6th round pick in 2019.

Beal seems like he could be a great depth piece for this year and possibly a starter by next.  I like it.