2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

11 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

Shaquem Griffin just went to the Seahawks

His twin brother is also in Seattle

I was hoping he'd go to a good team. Glad it happened, and that he'll be playing with his twin. Apparently he's going to be a situational player, which is why he didn't go earlier. (Yeah, right. it's because he only has one hand that he didn't go earlier.)

• Like 1

• Admin

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders left tackle Donald Penn is a suspect in a domestic violence case, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Monday morning.

Penn, 35, allegedly slapped his wife's butt, poured a drink over her head and grabbed her wrist, according to TMZ. LAPD public relations officer Detective Meghan Aguilar said officers responded to a radio call at 9 p.m. Sunday, took a report and turned it over to area detectives.

When officers arrived at the residence, Penn had left the scene, Aguilar said.

Later Monday morning, TMZ reported that Penn and his wife, Dominique, issued a joint statement through their representative, Denise White, that disputed any physical altercation.

"There was a verbal disagreement, there was NO physical altercation," the statement said. "The two are in the middle of a divorce and it is a hard time for both parties."

oh and Tom Brady? Definitely playing this season :( 

• Admin

Baker Mayfield's agent says the New England Patriots indicated to him they were considering trading up to the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft if the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback out of Oklahoma was available.

Also from that article: 

After selecting running back Saquon Barkley at No. 2, New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman said he had no interest in trading out of the pick. However, he said Monday on WFAN's "The Afternoon Drive with Carlin, Maggie & Bart" that he did receive "one very reasonable offer" for the pick but wouldn't go into details.

I'll call bullshit on that.  The amount of draft capital needed to move up from 23 to 2 is huge and there's no way Belichick would pay that price.  It would have been both of their firsts, easily, plus future picks.  Considering those would be draft picks of the Patriots, it's almost certain that they would be in the last 8-10 picks of a round.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I wouldn't wish having to play for the Cleveland Browns on anybody.

So....how about that collusion grievance that Eric Reid filed? Legit, Bullshit...or TOTAL bullshit?

So along with Kap, you now think Eric Reid is also not good enough to play in the NFL and the reason he's not gotten a contract offer is strictly performance based, yeah?

• Like 4

Never said that. I asked if it's legit, bs or total bs.

Unlike Kap, I think Reid may have a case. Though, I've read comments by a few fans who believe Reid isn't getting signed because of performance. One who went to a few 49ers games said he thought Reid was too slow.

Edited by GhostMachine

• Admin

Kickoffs set to undergo makeover in order to make play safer

An arrest warrant was issued Wednesday for New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson after he failed to appear for a court date in Florida. According to Broward County court records, Anderson was due Wednesday morning for his arraignment stemming from a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving in January. Bond was set at $500 for Anderson.

Free-agent inside linebacker Jerrell Freeman officially called it a career after six seasons in the NFL. Freeman, who the Bears released in February, announced his retirement Wednesday afternoon on Twitter, citing his "health and family" as top priorities.

Jags have declined Dante Fowler's fifth-year option.
Bears have declined Kevin White's fifth-year option.
Giants have declined Ereck Flowers' fifth-year option.
Patriots have declined Danny Shelton's, Phillip Dorsett's and Malcolm Brown's fifth-year options.
Chiefs have declined Cameron Erving's fifth-year option.
Bengals have declined Cedric Ogbuehi's fifth-year option.
Broncos have declined Shane Ray's fifth-year option.
Ravens have declined Breshad Perriman's fifth-year option.
49ers have declined Laken Tomlinson's fifth-year option.
Dolphins have declined Stephone Anthony's fifth-year option.

I'm thinking Ereck Flowers might not even be on the Giants' roster this year.  Supposedly they were trying to unload him for a seventh round pick last week.  They owe him $2.2 million in guaranteed money even if they cut him but he's such a problem in the locker room that might be better off not taking him into next season.

He was pretty much doomed from the start really.  He was drafted to be a franchise left tackle, and you knew within just a few games of his rookie season that it was a misfire.  More than almost any other position, tackles either come into the league and show right away that they have clue, or they get exposed.  They rarely improve.

Over the last week or so, I've been thinking about the quarterbacks taken this year and their development track.

I have no idea what to expect of Steve Wilks and his staff from a development perspective, but man, I wish Bruce Arians was still the head coach in Arizona. Him teaching and developing a guy as smart and accurate as Josh Rosen could've made the next mega-superstar. I think Rosen has the potential to be an elite quarterback anyway, but learning under Arians would have been absolute magic. 

• Like 3