2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Admin
Just now, Jake O. Rhodes said:

Love this pick from the Bears. 

Wonder what we gave up to make the trade though.

Bears traded a 2019 second-round pick and a fourth-round pick this year for New England’s second-round pick this year, the 51st overall selection.

7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

@Meaconsell me on Equinamious beyond his name. 

I...can’t. He’s athletic as all hell. But he struggled to get separation constantly against even our weaker opponents. And he took plays off when he couldn’t get open, quite obviously aggravated. For three years I waited for him to break out and be the obvious #1 receiver, but he never came close. Maybe he’s a late bloomer and he develops to the potential I saw a few years back, but I think you’ll be disappointed if you’re expecting him to do much out of the gate.

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

That Pats thing seems weird. Did they think that guy was going to get picked? I mean I guess there was a run on DBs but you lost one of those picks you just got!

Duke Dawson is very much a 2nd round talent that was projected to go in the third round, so they likely were afraid he’d go early in the 3rd. He’s someone who can make a difference immediately.

1 minute ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

@Meacon

Alright college guy, what’s the skinny on Kerryon Johnson?

i don’t mind the pick from what I see on scouting reports, just not sure if they needed a trade up.

I like Kerryon. I said earlier though that running back is deeeeep in this draft. With Guice on the board, I’m not sure they needed to trade up but when you find a guy you think matches what you want to do on offense you get him. It’s not really a pick that you’ll be kicking yourself about, but with Abdullah and Blount and Riddick, I’m not sure how they intend to split the carries at the moment. 

And my hope Guice would fall to the 3rd round has died. :( 

I very much dislike the Steelers but I always loved me some Rod Woodson.