Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

1 hour ago, MexicoJack said:

That's a huge issue with all top 6 clubs at this point - instant results are expected and it'll be interesting to see the reaction of Liverpool or Man City fans if they struggle next season - which is certainly possible, every time Liverpool have finished second going back to 1991 in the days of the old division 1 the season after they finish second they finish 5th or below. It's certainly unlikely, but good will is something that diminishes quicker and quicker nowadays.

Feel like we are in a completely different place compared to a lot of previous Liverpool teams. 

Under Rafa there was the ongoing civil war between him and the owners and the club as a whole was becoming toxic. 

Under Houllier, well we just did our usual start strong, awful middle of the season, decent end of the campaign. Got beat by Chelsea final day who got 4th as a result.

Under Brendan we sold Suarez and replaced him with Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli... enough to kill off any potential title challenge. That and we were shite. 

We aren't selling any of this current first team. 97 points won't be replicated but the club behind the scenes and on the pitch and the fans are totally in sync and well we've just the fucking European Cup for a 6th time. Jurgen could stroll on the pitch and take a dump in the centre circle and it would get cheered

• Like 2

I can’t see a massive shit the bed moment for this Liverpool team, they’re constantly evolving so the easy counter to the way they play.

They just need the unadulterated strength of City to falter a little, again not something I can see.

As Liverpool are playing for 7 trophies this coming season, I would like to see a utility defender come in and a series partner for Van Dijk, though Matip is fine or even continue converting Gomez in to that role is good.

Very few players can/should leave, Lallana and Moreno (and the squad players on loan) are the only ones off the top of my head that I feel should move on, unless someone is offering serious money for him I would actually keep Mignolet as no.2 and use him in the club world cup, league cup etc.

Liverpool are going to be in a very enviable place next season with a fully fit squad at their disposal, the utility in midfield, five forwards who can all do a job plus a glut of strong young players where there are the extra games for the club to bed them in, it’s intriguing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7107591/What-Eden-Hazard-told-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-tunnel-Europa-League-final.html

'I gave my life, my legs, my buttocks, everything': What Eden Hazard told Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the tunnel before Chelsea beat Arsenal in Europa League final

12 minutes ago, MDK said:

During his time at Chelsea, Hazard helped the club win two Europa League titles, two Premier Leagues and a League Cup. 

The Mail has stolen Hazard's FA Cup win from him. :(