Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

Nah, Brighton are garbage. If Cardiff can eek out a win and grind another draw out they might stay up. Still all to play for.

Yeah, I made my comment before I knew Tottenham scored, and I can't see Cardiff beating both Fulham and Crystal Palace. I'm somewhat hopeful now!

• Like 1

I've seen some negative football in my day but fuck me the way Brighton have played the last two games has been shameful.

Absolutely no intention of even trying to attack. It's literally two sets of 90 mins with everyone bar Glenn Murray behind the ball. No motivation for a counter attack or strategy, it's pathetic. I hope they somehow go down.

6 hours ago, Owen said:

Yeah, I made my comment before I knew Tottenham scored, and I can't see Cardiff beating both Fulham and Crystal Palace. I'm somewhat hopeful now!

All Cardiff can do is win their own games and just see what happens. 

Brighton could get a result against Newcastle at home, but I don't see them getting much joy against Arsenal or City (which is the last game). 

Could be interesting going to the final day of the season if it comes down to whoever gets the better result against the Manchester clubs. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fa-scrapped-champagne-cup-final-14544016

The FA has scrapped Champagne from its cup final celebrations out of respect for the religious beliefs of some footballers.

English football's governing body have had a long-standing tradition of awarding the winning team a case of Champagne after the showpiece final.

This is often sprayed on the pitch following the trophy lift - but the beverage will not be offered from this year's edition between Manchester City and Watford .

Instead, an alcohol-free substitute will be provided so players can still spray the contents over each other.

Manchester City's Riyad Mahrez, Benjamin Mendy and Ilkay Gundogan are among the Muslims who could take part in this year's final, along with Watford's Abdoulaye Doucoure. Islam prohibits the consumption of alcohol.

I think they've played this wrong. Instead of saying it was because of religious beliefs they could have said they don't want to promote alcohol use... because you know how certain people will react to this. And anyway, if we are going down the religious route we shouldn't be playing on Saturday or Sunday.

16 hours ago, TCO said:

I've seen some negative football in my day but fuck me the way Brighton have played the last two games has been shameful.

Absolutely no intention of even trying to attack. It's literally two sets of 90 mins with everyone bar Glenn Murray behind the ball. No motivation for a counter attack or strategy, it's pathetic. I hope they somehow go down.

I hope they go down too. 

They're my local team, but I can't stand them for the most part. Their fans are mostly an embarrassing bunch and the majority have left the ground by the 70th minute regardless of the scoreline. 

I've got my Gary Neville pyjamas ready,

I've learnt all the classics such as 20 times 20 times

I've been watching the Coronation Street  omnibus on repeat.

GLORY,GLORY MAN UTD!!!!!! 

FB_IMG_1556118376600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If City hadn't done their annual "Champions League shitting the bed routine" I reckon more United fans would want us to win the league to stop them from doing a potential quadruple. 

I know a handful of Liverpool fans personally, and most of them are twats.

If you win the league I'll be happy for you because you're a nice guy. That's about it though.

Whoever wins it will deserve it. If the result tonight ultimately hands Liverpool the title, you won't hear me claim that we "won it for you" like some United fans might. The points totals you both have are crazy. 

Must be shit for United fans, knowing that the title is between their biggest rivals and their "noisy" neighbours. A lose-lose scenario, really. But they need to get some pride back after that tonking by the mighty Everton on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Must be shit for United fans, knowing that the title is between their biggest rivals and their "noisy" neighbours. A lose-lose scenario, really. But they need to get some pride back after that tonking by the mighty Everton on Sunday. 

It's such a strange feeling to have.

I want to win every match we play. But our recent form has meant that not only will victory tonight secure the title for Liverpool, it still doesn't mean we're getting anything more than a Europa spot.

9 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'd prefer to see Newcastle win the league.

Give Rafa some money then. (Never gonna happen like) 

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's such a strange feeling to have.

I want to win every match we play. But our recent form has meant that not only will victory tonight secure the title for Liverpool, it still doesn't mean we're getting anything more than a Europa spot.

I feel like compared to 13/14, we are pretty much in a position in which in theory, we should be challenging for the title for a few years. And if we were to win it this season, I could honestly see us winning it again within the next 2/3 seasons. Which would be a nightmare for Man Utd fans as the whole 20-18 league titles is actually under serious threat from this Liverpool. 

Man United, they really need to get their shit in order behind the scenes. You are atm basically a richer version of Liverpool in the 90s. Shite with some sprinkles of good players but no direction off the pitch whatsoever. Fortunately for United, you're in a position as a "brand" you can still attract big players and still make lots of money whereas in the 90s we just did fuck all commercially and it set us back for a long time.