Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

Pogba had like one good month. 

That's the only one I disagree with. I think you could make an argument for Alisson over Ederson from a purely statistical point of view of more clean sheets and less conceded but its not a choice I'd necessarily disagree with. 

Doherty definitely should be in over Trent imo, if I put my homerism aside. I'd also make it a 4231 so Hazard can go in over Pogba. Hazard clearly should be in this, but is presumably not because he's jetting off to Madrid ASAP.

That being said, Bernardo Silva was amazing this season. Poty for City. His versatility, grafting, offensive output; what a player

On 25/04/2019 at 12:39, Colly said:

Imagine though if Liverpool lift the title and Salah isn't in that team. So stupid that they do it early.

Never mind us winning the league or not. It's highly likely he wins the Golden Boot again and still doesn't make the TOTY. Silly.

10 hours ago, Hobo said:

Andy Robertson has set the record for most assists by a defender in a season 

That's a brilliant achievement, he's fantastic to watch. 

I find it interesting that there was this big emphasis and a lot of coverage on the importance of full backs / wing backs in the last few years in the Prem, but Liverpool seem to be the only team in the top 6 with real quality on both flanks. I always felt we were at our best a few years ago when we had Walker and Rose in their prime tearing teams up. I've particularly felt that this season our full backs have been so weak, and as they're usually the spare men, it's massively letting us down. Then you see what Trent and Roberston are doing for Liverpool and it really compounds that point for me.