Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

I always had the feeling that Rojo was rough around the edges. Now i see why

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Now the Chelsea players get to go back into the dressing room and do whatever it is that puts them into a walking coma for the second half.

Well this didn't happen. That in itself is very pleasing.

We SHOULD beat Watford at home (note: we 'should' have beaten Burnley too). Even so, going up to Leicester for the last day of the season will be tricky. But in all, not bad.

You jest, but Ramsey is the closest thing we have to a modern day legend at Arsenal. Consistently scores important, often amazing goals, scored the winning goals in 2 FA Cup finals, helped break our trophyless run, and could, potentially have led us to winning our first European trophy. A lack of a premier league title, no matter how far off its seemed, is the only thing stopping him properly being thought of as a club legend. It's an absolute shame we're letting him go but this just highlights how hard it is keeping him fit. He absolutely deserves a massive send off at our last home game.

Just always wondered what could have been if he had managed to keep up his stellar form from that one season.

I think he's great and will be remembered fondly across Arsenal circles in years to come. I hope he can win some league titles in his career because he has been part of some good achievements already, like those FA Cups and the Wales run at Euro 2016.

I just noticed tattoos on edersons knee through the hole in his Jean's.

He's really more tattoo than man.

3 hours ago, Kaney said:

You jest, but Ramsey is the closest thing we have to a modern day legend at Arsenal. Consistently scores important, often amazing goals, scored the winning goals in 2 FA Cup finals, helped break our trophyless run, and could, potentially have led us to winning our first European trophy. A lack of a premier league title, no matter how far off its seemed, is the only thing stopping him properly being thought of as a club legend. It's an absolute shame we're letting him go but this just highlights how hard it is keeping him fit. He absolutely deserves a massive send off at our last home game.

Just always wondered what could have been if he had managed to keep up his stellar form from that one season.

I agree. Scoring an FA Cup winning goal puts most players into folklore at their clubs at least, let alone scoring two with the first being the one to break a trophy drought of 10+ years. 

I read that both he and Cech are getting a guard of honour on Sunday before the Brighton game.

The most difficult thing for me is how the fuck we replace him, because there is nobody in the squad that can. 

Takes a special kind of wanker to mock the disabled.

Hazza seems like a good lad. Clearly his time at the Orient was beneficial to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin

Rafael Benítez has suggested he is close to recommitting himself to Newcastle United and could soon renew a contract which expires next month.

The Spaniard has sometimes cut a tense figure in recent weeks but on Friday his body language seemed relaxed, he was all smiles and there was a sense the club had indicated they were willing to try to fulfil at least some of his ambitions.

“I was talking to Lee Charnley [Newcastle’s managing director] this week, we will continue talking and we will let you know as soon as we have more news,” said Benítez as he prepared to face his former side Liverpool at St James’ Park on Saturday night. “I am positive that we are talking and everybody knows what is my idea. At least we can move forward a little bit. I would like to see this club growing and growing and going where I think it deserves to be.”

When asked for confirmation that the talks had been positive and he was now inclined to stay, his reply seemed instructive. “Yes,” he said. “I can say yes, it seems that things are at least moving forward and we will see if something is right at the end. Maybe we are getting closer.”

Newcastle supporters have long been lobbying Mike Ashley, the club’s owner, to reach agreement with his manager and Benítez emphasised the strength of the emotional bond he enjoys with them before indicating that compromise with Ashley over an ambitious managerial manifesto could be in the Tyneside air.

“I know the fans are supporting me and trying to convince me to stay and I appreciate that,” said Benítez. “I am really pleased with that. I am happy in the city. I am happy here and the staff, everybody, is doing a very good job and we are very comfortable here. But the point is we want to progress, we want to be more competitive and we want to be in a better position. But there are a lot of positives and one of them, for sure, is the fans behind us.”

Benítez spent six years in charge of Liverpool, winning, among other things, the Champions League in 2005, and narrowly missing out on the Premier League title. Now a man whose family home remains on the Wirral has the chance to possibly help determine whether that latter prize is destined for Merseyside or Manchester City and is keen to quash talk of potential bias.

“I have friends in the Liverpool camp, I have friends also in the Manchester City side,” he said. “I have a good relationship with both Guardiola and Klopp. My relationship with Liverpool, the city, the fans, is there. I was there six years. I have good memories but we have to do our job. We will be professional and we want to win.”

Benítez did Klopp a favour by beating City on Tyneside earlier in the season. “I was tempted to bring a picture Liverpool fans sent to me when we beat Man City,” he said. “But I have nothing to say about the destination of the title.”

• Like 1

Kane did something similar recently didn't he? Just went and looked and it was this I was thinking of

Going out of his way to do things like that video or send that message can have such a big impact on these kids so it's just really nice seeing him do it, seems a good man.

• Like 4

Can I just state that 7:45 on a Saturday night is the worst kickoff time ever invented? At least for midweek ones you finish work and go, today I'm just hanging about all day, then my night is done too. Glad it's a bank holiday.

• Like 1