Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

"I’d say this Chelsea side is only at 60-70 per cent capacity right now, but how much we are missing and how much we need is not the same thing. It’s double that.”

I think that Maurizio Sarri may have attended the Scott Steiner School of Mathematics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

#lads <_< 

Phillips mounted a defence of the DFLA’s actions and said he left the march at Embankment: “The police made a mistake by walking the peaceful football fans march into the aggressive Antifa group and not the other way round. Ask the police on duty for the truth,” he said.

“Who said they were far right? Not true. Football fans yes. Far right. Fake news. Admittedly there was a lot of EX football hooligans there. But their behaviour was non aggressive until ambushed by people hell bent on causing trouble. No matter how people look it’s there behaviour that counts. Ask your ex colleagues the truth.

I see he's been taking cues from Donald Trump on how to defend his actions.

Also, the Grauniad using the wrong 'there'. :shifty: 

I don't understand why you'd advertise your presence at anything remotely political (either side) when you work at a professional, well-known club. I don't put anything poltical on my social media because of how it may reflect on my club and I'm at grassroots level.

• Admin

José Mourinho has been charged with improper conduct following Manchester United’s game against Newcastle United on 6 October, the Football Association has announced.

The United manager spoke into a camera after his side came from behind to triumph 3-2 at Old Trafford.

“It is alleged that his language at the end of the fixture, as captured by the broadcast footage, was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper,” read a statement. “He has until 6pm on 19 October 2018 to respond to the charge.”

Mourinho could potentially face a touchline ban if found guilty. The match was played amid a tense atmosphere with the club having denied a report earlier in the day that Mourinho was going to be sacked that weekend regardless of the result.

United recovered from 2-0 down to complete a dramatic comeback with a 90th-minute goal from Alexis Sánchez.

Footage shows Mourinho saying something, apparently in Portuguese, while at one point looking into a camera, as he headed towards the tunnel after the final whistle. He also made a gesture with his right hand while speaking, pointing with his little finger.

The 55-year-old, who claimed after the match that he was the subject of a media “manhunt”, said when asked about the gesture: “It is a finger. Smaller than the others, but it is a finger.”

It is understood that the FA enlisted the help of a lip reader and Mourinho’s remarks were interpreted as offensive.

19 hours ago, Lineker said:

Luke Shaw has signed a new contract at Man Utd. 

Playing the long game of trying to outlast Mourinho. 

• Admin

Chelsea: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Willian, Morata, Hazard.
Subs: Fabregas, Barkley, Pedro, Caballero, Giroud, Zappacosta, Cahill.

Manchester United: de Gea, Young, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Pogba, Matic, Rashford, Mata, Martial, Lukaku.
Subs: Bailly, Sanchez, Andreas Pereira, Fred, Ander Herrera, Romero, Darmian.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral).

Both teams make two changes to the starting XIs selected before the international break. Chelsea recall Mateo Kovacic and Alvaro Morata, dropping Ross Barkley and Olivier Giroud, who started the 3-0 win at Southampton, to the bench. Manchester United reinstate Victor Lindelof and Juan Mata, while benching Eric Bailly. Scott McTominay, who was played all over the place in that 3-2 whirlwind affair with Newcastle, doesn’t feature at all.