Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

They should give Eddie Howe a chance. 

Pochettino is the ideal candidate but I think they'll have a lot of trouble getting him from Spurs, so give it to Howe.

No joke on nothing, been mentioning Howe to mates for weeks. If he doesn't get the Utd job, he'll get a big one someday soon.

Jose Mourinho lost the vast majority of the Manchester United squad's support after a pre-match meeting at Southampton at the start of the month. 

United came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at St Mary's on December 1 but Mourinho chaired a pre-match meeting with the squad where he lambasted certain players and scapegoated the popular Paul Pogba. 

A dressing room source told the MEN that Mourinho had 'lost 90 per cent of the squad's support' in the wake of the Southampton match even though United had avoided defeat. Romelu Lukaku and Marcos Rojo are believed to have been among a handful of players who remained onside with Mourinho.

Hard to know what to trust though really, given this from yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Molly said:

So how many years before United give Jose a second chance, just like Chelsea? :shifty:

Well, Jose won 5 major trophies in his first Chelsea stint and he was back in six years. He won 2 major trophies with United so, so by my calculations he'll be back in...2034.

#numbersdontlie :shifty: 

2 hours ago, Molly said:

Is it also a bit because you guys have some real winnable fixtures in your next few games? Be easier to bed in a new manager facing Cardiff and so on, as opposed to PSG, Liverpool, City etc especially after how the season has gone so far.

From what Noah tells me the guys on this podcast he really listens to, would sacrifice their newborns to get Poch. Another podcast he kind of listens to  (United we stand I think he said) seems set on somehow prying Pep away from City, though those guys might have been joking.

You and Noah are the same person.

Also, I sincerely hope we never see Jose Mourinho in the Premier League again. He is a miserable, jaded man who has been found out and surpassed tactically, and he can't seem to actually manage a squad of players anymore either. If I were him I'd take some cushy pundit jobs for the next ten years then go sit on a beach as time heals the reputation damage he's done himself since leaving Real.

Yeah, right..

I have a feeling this interim manager until the end of the season is a precursor to the appointment of the Director of Football at some point this season, it might even be that whoever is the interim manager moves 'upstairs' to take the role themselves when a new permanent manager is appointed. It seems like a fairly simple way to ensure as seamless a transistion as possible for the new permanment appointment with regards to transfers, philosophy etc.