Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Strange that we're waiting until the summer for the permanent appointment, unless the temp becomes permanent...

Not that strange at all, speaking as a Chelsea fan. :shifty: You'll get used to it.

You know that it was 17th December 2015 that Jose left Chelsea after his second stint? ALMOST TO THE DAY. Christmases in the Mourinho household must be fantastic.

I just mean that I figured we were choosing now to do it so that the new boss gets the January window to bring players in. Imagine the temp won't have any say on potential signings next month.

Speculation now that we're waiting til the summer because the guy we want is already in a job. Not so sure about that.

Fewer (good) managers are ready/willing to up and quit their existing job mid-season though. Plus you'd presumably be asking someone to move/disrupt their whole family right around Christmas time.

As for the January window, I'm sure that at Man Utd the manager is just one voice amongst an array of directors/scouts/etc. as in many other big clubs re: transfers these days, so they'll just carry on as normal. Any new guy that came in would no doubt be taking a lot of advice on what the squad needed from those already at the club anyway.

8 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I just mean that I figured we were choosing now to do it so that the new boss gets the January window to bring players in. Imagine the temp won't have any say on potential signings next month.

Speculation now that we're waiting til the summer because the guy we want is already in a job. Not so sure about that.

Is it also a bit because you guys have some real winnable fixtures in your next few games? Be easier to bed in a new manager facing Cardiff and so on, as opposed to PSG, Liverpool, City etc especially after how the season has gone so far.

From what Noah tells me the guys on this podcast he really listens to, would sacrifice their newborns to get Poch. Another podcast he kind of listens to  (United we stand I think he said) seems set on somehow prying Pep away from City, though those guys might have been joking.

Edited by Molly

If Real Madrid were sniffing around Poch and he politely declined, there's no fucking way he's leaving a better team in the same division to join us.

If we go for Simeone I'd be disappointed, have to say. Atleti play some shiiit football just like we've been. He's negative too tbh.

I like him. Think pundits and fans are so weird about him. Like so many people seem to get so offended by the fact he has other things he likes and over shit like haircuts like it has any impact on anything. It's not some new development in his personality, and it didn't previously have a detrimental effect on his game when he was winning four consecutive Serie A titles, getting to a Champions League final, a European Championship final and a World Cup final (which he won) in the space of about three years.

Saw a thing the other day where he posted an Instagram story of him just eating some sweets while it looked like he was out shopping or something with family and then there's fans like "WHY'S HE NOT FOCUSING ON HIS FOOTBALL?!?!" Fuck off. Suspect there's a slight bit of the Sterling thing in the way people go on about him.

Oh, he's a superstar globally but he still needs to do more on the pitch. Ronaldo can fuck about all he wants in his personal life and on social media because he backs it up. At times the effort just wasn't there with him. I hope he turns the corner under a new manager now.