Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

3 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

The exact same post went up on instagram just before that, so I'm not seeing it as being unlikely.

Well that's pretty standard since if you upload on Instagram you can get it automatically shared on Twitter/etc. at the same time.

My question would be: who picked 10:34am as the exact time to schedule a marketing post?

7 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Well that's pretty standard since if you upload on Instagram you can get it automatically shared on Twitter/etc. at the same time.

My question would be: who picked 10:34am as the exact time to schedule a marketing post?

4 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I think Twitter usually makes it clear it's just automatic from Instagram though doesn't it? Includes the link to the Instagram post rather than the way it did with the one posted to his Twitter.

I'm thinking it was scheduled on both twitter and instagram, rather than shared.

In my meagre social media management career, I know that Buffer lets you schedule a post to Instagram but you still have to publish it yourself.

Whether there's some other magical way open to those managing the social media of footballers or not, I don't know.

Probably has people who have access to his account to do stuff like that for him. Wouldn't Pogba have been in training when they were posted anyway?

Luke Shaw smiles and gives a thumbs up to the cameras as Manchester United flops arrive for training shortly after Jose Mourinho's sacking

7563250-6507469-image-a-47_1545130559998

:lol:

• Admin
1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Duncan Castles suggests that it cost Manchester United £24m to sack him this early. 

What an amazing Christmas present for Jose that is.

It's this, plus the gigantic new contract that Poch just signed at the beginning of this season, which makes me not massively worried about losing him. The Glazer family run Utd as a business and firing Mourinho and getting Poch + his backroom team out of their contracts is just going to cost them entirely too much.

• Like 1

Man Utd should just get their weird fetish for former players as staff out of their system and just hire the entire 1999 treble winning squad as co-managers.

2 hours ago, stokerino said:

Random times make posts seem more authentic. 

Logic is that if everyone schedules on the dot, your post can get lost in the middle of every other marketing post. 

I’m haphazard as fuck when it comes to scheduling posts. Living the dream. 

The Times are reporting that Mauricio Pochettino would be interested in taking the Manchester United job if it were offered to him.

"Mauricio Pochettino wants to be considered for the Manchester United manager’s job next season despite having four and a half years left on his contract at Tottenham Hotspur," writes deputy football correspondent Matt Hughes.

"The Argentinian is understood to regard the opportunity of moving to Old Trafford as too good to turn down, although it would cost United £34 million in compensation to prise him from Tottenham, which would take the club’s total bill for sacking José Mourinho earlier today past £50 million."

I think if we wanted Zidane we'd be doing all we could to get him appointed sooner though. That, and it's been mentioned that we aren't interested, apparently.

Solskjaer is the latest to be linked with the role on a temporary basis. Djemba-Djemba is also in with a shout.