NFL 2018

Lineker

42 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I watched the video. He speared her and she fell into the wall face first. I'm not sure what constitutes as "brutalizing", but I'd file what he did under that category. 

To be fair, the dude spearing her was not Kareem. It was a dude that Kareem shoved, who then fell into her. 

Not condoning his actions, at all. 

51 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

The woman supposedly knocked on Hunt’s hotel room door repeatedly yelling the N-word at him, which has now opened up a flood of people saying it was justified.

Is there any proof of this?? It wouldn't matter anyways. He shoved her first, then she slapped him. 

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

2 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

My respect for the Chiefs just went way up. Inevitable this means in a day or two my respect for Washington will go way down

Be careful how much you respect the Chiefs when you remember they still employ Tyreek Hill because he's real real fast.

I'm glad they apparently did the right thing here, though.

4 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Damn I did forget about him already. I guess my respect for them did still technically go up since it was really far down after that

Relevant funny/not funny reddit post I just saw on this subject.

Tyreek runs so fast, not even his past can catch up with him.

There are way, way more important things with the Hunt situation than football.  But if I'm assessing the on-field implications of the Hunt situation, I think it could pretty much torpedo their season.  They'll still make the playoffs of course but they're going to be very beatable, and already had the impending Andy Reid Factor looming over them too.

I'd say there's maybe a 5% chance it's not the Pats or Steelers coming out of the AFC again.  This league is so boring.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Callers on Philly sports talk radio willing to overlook the issue, because they need a running back.

Color me shocked.

> Sports fans with the time and motivation to call into sports talk radio.

> Rational, sane human beings.

Choose one.

The whole thing with Hunt is being treated less as "We brought the hammer down on him for assaulting her" and more "He lied to us and made us look like fools" so I don't really have too much added respect for KC. Do your own independent investigation like a real job would you clowns. Don't try to protect your stars.

I do think Hunt might wind up on a team in the (distant) future. Ray Rice never got a workout again but he also was on the downward trend of his career. Hunt is young and a really good player, he can go about and do his apology tour. We'll see what happens.

I think hiring Hunt would set a dangerous precedent for any team. The video is pretty damning and it's in the eyes of the world now. Hiring him could cause a real shitstorm. 

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

Callers on Philly sports talk radio willing to overlook the issue, because they need a running back.

Color me shocked.

I think every fanbase has that. I missed the Detroit sports radio discussion other than the tail end of our top guy Mike Valenti (funny enough he had an offer to be a sports radio guy in Philly but opted to stay here. Even funnier, he’s a Giants fan) saying “I can’t believe the arguments from some of our callers. Come on people, we’re better than this”

Hunt is one of the NFL's leading rusher, 23 years old and his incident wasn't half as bad as Ray Rice's. He's 100% going to get another shot, it's just a matter of who's willing to take the PR hit.

There's no moral compass in the NFL, it's a all about the ratio of talent upside to severity of the incident. Josh Brown was a kicker and his abuse towards his wife was horrendous yet the Mara's still tried to cover up for him. Somebody will take a risk on Hunt.