NFL 2018

Lineker

6 hours ago, Meacon said:

They’re already dreaming of bringing him back here in Philly.

Who is? Most of my Eagles friends talk about how Frank Reich was the real brains of the operation.

DeFilippo went from the hottest next HC candidate to fired by Mike Zimmer (who always fires OC, btw) in 10 months.

• Admin

The NFL announced that the Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers will host international games in 2019.

Dates and opponents will be announced at a later date.

The NFL will play four games in London and one in Mexico City next season.

The Jaguars are contracted to play one game in London each season through 2020.

The NFL previously announced that two games will be played at Wembley Stadium and two at a new stadium being built for Tottenham of the English Premier League next season.

The league will be returning to Mexico City after this season's scheduled Kansas City Chiefs-Rams game was relocated to Los Angeles because of poor field conditions at Estadio Azteca.

No surprises there.

The league expanded the Rooney Rule, requiring teams to interview a minority candidate from a league approved list of coaches. 

In years past, teams could grab the assistant strength coach for a 5 minute sham interview to circumvent the intent of the rule. Apparently, there was some controversy about the rule when the Raiders hired Gruden this year.

3 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

No surprises there.

It's starting to look like the Raiders are hitting the road next season anyway.

23 minutes ago, million$$man said:

The league expanded the Rooney Rule, requiring teams to interview a minority candidate from a league approved list of coaches. 

In years past, teams could grab the assistant strength coach for a 5 minute sham interview to circumvent the intent of the rule. Apparently, there was some controversy about the rule when the Raiders hired Gruden this year.

Yeah, I think we interviewed Tee Martin which was...yeah.

I'm kinda split on it. Not that I don't like the rule, it can help get people's names out there, get them interviews they might not have got, which can lead to jobs, or even just a better interview next time. Coaching is about connections and trees and who you know.

On the other hand, sometimes a team knows who they want and no interview is going to change that. So you end up with sham interviews. 

I'm not sure I like a 'league approved list' because who decides the criteria for that? It just courts controversy. 

Edited by DMN

19 minutes ago, DMN said:

I'm not sure I like a 'league approved list' because who decides the criteria for that? It just courts controversy. 

By reading the article, it looks like it will be a combination of a list created by the leagues Career Development Advisory Committee and a list created by the Fritz Pollard Alliance. 

I am torn on it, too. No matter how they try to change/enhance/strengthen the rule, there will always be sham interviews. 

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

There’s reports now that Carson Wentz has had a fracture in his back for several weeks and that the medical staff and some within the organization knew, but Wentz himself had no idea. No word on if the coaching staff knew, but shit may be about to kick off if all this is legit.

Damn. It's one thing to try and keep an injury under wraps, out of the papers, whatever, so opponents may not know. Against league rules, but understandable. This would be completely unacceptable.

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

There’s reports now that Carson Wentz has had a fracture in his back for several weeks and that the medical staff and some within the organization knew, but Wentz himself had no idea. No word on if the coaching staff knew, but shit may be about to kick off if all this is legit.

What the fuck is going on in Philly? Because Ajayi also had a fracture in his back. 

I don't normally like sharing Yahoo Sports articles, because their writers are more often than not idiots, but...

https://sports.yahoo.com/stephen-smith-rings-4-mistakes-wildly-inaccurate-chargers-chiefs-preview-172853190.html

Just when I thought Stephen A. couldn't be any dumber.....