NFL 2018

Lineker

3 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Taylor Heinicke is expected to start the final two games of the season for the Panthers who are shutting Cam Newton down to nurse his injured shoulder after they got mathematically eliminated.

Well guess who now picked up Dak Prescott to start against @Maxx in the A-League championship?

10 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

I loved Landon Collins the past couple of years, but honestly he's been straight up terrible this year, enough that I no longer want him to get a long-term contract.  Stats wise he racks up a lot of tackles but he gets those tackles after getting shredded in coverage and having to chase someone 20 yards downfield.  I feel good for Aldrick Rosas though, funny enough with him and Myers going it's the only spot where voters seemed to actually look at the stats because nobody really pays attention to kickers and didn't know who to vote for.

But yeah, other than that it's the same popularity contest as it is every year.  Brady and Rodgers have done nothing this year to warrant spots, but they're Brady and Rodgers so of course the fans will vote them in - and they likely won't even go.  The same offensive linemen go year after year after year because they have no listed stats so it's based on reputation.

Justin Tucker missed 2 kicks this year (both blocked) and 1 PAT (freak gust of wind) and he's an alternate to the inferior Jason Myers. So strange,

Maroon 5 can't find a group willing to appear at half-time at the Super Bowl with them.  Just nix Maroon 5 and run with this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

2 hours ago, million$$man said:

I wont jump the gun on that last part, because when he did the same thing in the preseason, that's the first thing everyone started reporting. 

I hope it is a case of him being cautious, because people are going to absolutely kill him (and unfairly) if he's relapsed. Addiction is no joke, I've struggled with it myself and I never reached the point where it was actually affecting my work, just my personal life, so I can only imagine how difficult it is to deal with when any slip up can cost you your career and basically send you careening back down the social ladder, while the whole time people who've never had to deal with with these types of issues talk shit about you.

I'm a big supporter of Josh Gordon as a person, beyond just football. I really hope he can get things sorted out.

• Like 3

Damn, well Gordon failed the test and is suspended indefinitely. Just saw it on NFL Live

If it is for weed, it's a shame on multiple fronts.

* Just like Martavius Bryant, to risk all the money and future security for weed, is unfathomable to me. And, I have been to rehab twice. But, I can't talk about anyone elses addictions. That's their story.

* With more and more states legalizing weed, it's a shame that sports don't recognize the therapeutic value of weed. I, and this is just me, given the choice, would much rather smoke some weed as pain management than getting pumped full of opioids. 

Kyle Lauletta finally played two weeks ago in garbage time against Washington.  He went 0-for-5 with an interception, and was then relegated back to the inactive list last week.  And now this week, with the team mathematically eliminated, Lauletta is once again inactive in favor of 31 year old Alex Tanney as backup.

Lauletta must look like shit in practices, because for them to not even want to take a look at him in meaningless games is absurd.  Between him and Davis Webb that's two years in a row they completely wasted a high round draft pick.

Ben McAdoo playing Geno Smith for one game fucked this franchise worse than I could've ever imagined, because it convinced the Maras that they needed to over-correct the entire operation around Eli.  I can't wait for them to be in a position to draft someone like Haskins next year only for them to pass because they don't want to put Eli in a spot where his replacement is breathing down his neck.

I still want Tua in 2020. I'm convinced by what I've seen by him, he has everything.

I reckon his stock will dip naturally too if his performance wavers at all. Being a slightly undersized lefty won't help him either, so I think the Giants will be in a position to nab him. I don't want to get trigger happy in an underwhelming draft class while picking 5-9.

49 minutes ago, TCO said:

I still want Tua in 2020. I'm convinced by what I've seen by him, he has everything.

I reckon his stock will dip naturally too if his performance wavers at all. Being a slightly undersized lefty won't help him either, so I think the Giants will be in a position to nab him. I don't want to get trigger happy in an underwhelming draft class while picking 5-9.

I too can't wait for the Giants to draft the latest over-hyped SEC quarterback that will probably bomb

23 minutes ago, Lint said:

I too can't wait for the Giants to draft the latest over-hyped SEC quarterback that will probably bomb

You mean like former SEC Offensive player of the year, #1 overall pick and 2-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning? 😏

• Like 1

There was an article posted somewhere here in Utah last week about trying to get the Raiders to play here next week. They could play in the University of Utah's stadium, which is fairly nice. With them moving to Vegas, and already being one of the closer teams to Utah, they have a built in fan base here, plus would have a good chance to add more fans to their base. Not an entirely bad idea, but I doubt it will happen.