NFL 2018

Lineker

Aaron Donald got his 19.5th sack by touching Josh Rosen, making him the Rams franchise single season record holder, except probably not really because Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen played before they counted sacks.

I say that not to discredit Donald, but Jones and Olsen where great, also, it's crazy that a defensive tackle has 20 sacks, fucking absurd. Not even Warren Sapp or John Randle reached those numbers.

All those penalties and ejections in the Bears/9ers game :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I like it though because he sounds like he genuinely is enjoying watching all these games. Can't really say that about many announcers

I realize it sounded like I was trying to talk shit, and I guess I kinda was, but more about the sound of his voice than his commentary. I agree he sounds much more engaged than most announcers and I think he's great. He just sounds like a 13 year old.

There's going to be some noise about Aussie rules guys and drop kicks after that one tonight. If you can do that, with the new kickoff rules, you might be able to pin the teams back, closer to under the old rules.

Edit: Well, until the start fair catching it. You can do that and get it at the 25, yeah? I remember hearing that.

Edited by DMN

5 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

The Steelers would be incredibly dumb to get rid of Tomlin.

Equally dumb is the Cardinals likely firing Steve Wilks after only one year.  There is not a coach in the league that could’ve won with the roster he was given.  He didn’t even get a chance. 

Problem is, the team is a complete joke from top to bottom, he says the same cliched crap after every game and seems to show absolutely no sign of learning from his mistakes. I don't believe this roster is the 32nd best in the NFL, yet here we are sat on the #1 pick. The decline since last season alone is really poor.

I'm not one for firing coaches quickly, but I don't want Wilks there next year because he just looks completely out of his depth.

4 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Problem is, the team is a complete joke from top to bottom, he says the same cliched crap after every game and seems to show absolutely no sign of learning from his mistakes. I don't believe this roster is the 32nd best in the NFL, yet here we are sat on the #1 pick. The decline since last season alone is really poor.

I'm not one for firing coaches quickly, but I don't want Wilks there next year because he just looks completely out of his depth.

Steve Keim hired Wilks knowing that he was going to switch the team over to a 4-3 defense which was going to necessitate personnel changes.  He gave $20 million to Sam Bradford and more than likely forced Wilks' hand on letting Bradford start the year.  And they are mostly devoid of talent in the trenches, especially the OL as Rosen has taken a ton of abuse in his first year.  I can't speak to his press conferences, but cookie cutter statements are pretty commonplace in the league which is why it stands out when a coach actually says something newsworthy.

But Wilks can only coach the roster Steve Keim gave him, and given the number of problems they have if Keim wants to fire the coach he hand-picked, maybe he shouldn't be far behind.

Also, Larry very staunchly defended Wilks.  Earlier in the week he sounded unsure of if he'll play another year or retire, but if they replace coaches again I think he might hang 'em up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I like it though because he sounds like he genuinely is enjoying watching all these games. Can't really say that about many announcers

Oh, I'm loving Romo as an announcer. Aikman was the man when he was Dallas' QB, but sucks as an announcer. Romo sucked as Dallas' QB, but is the man as an announcer.

If they fire Wilks, then Keirn most certainly needs to go along with him. I do not believe in firing coaches after only one season, because it doesn't really give them much of a chance to see what they can do. Especially when they don't have players they actually picked. (Believe in this even moreso in oollege; where a coach should only be fired after one year if the team completely shits the bed and was decent the year before with the majority of the same players.)