Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

Stat Man Gaz is gonna have a meltdown on 606

4 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I honestly think that’s the worst VAR decision I’ve seen

I'm still trying to get my head round this. I must have watched it several times by now and I'm still thinking why? 

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Stat Man Gaz is gonna have a meltdown on 606

I'm still trying to get my head round this. I must have watched it several times by now and I'm still thinking why? 

I think what's throwing everyone is the fact the pass went backwards. It's technically correct but seems ridiculously against the spirit of the law given he's essentially at a disadvantage by being in an offside position. Mike Dean not knowing what had happened was a superb punchline.

BT Sport are doing a horrendous job of explaining it too, it's actually fairly simple, just not something you see too often. They're trying to make it a complicated VAR thing when the only VAR bit to it is the daft lines.

Christ. You all know my view on VAR, but this is probably the stupidest 3 man studio team I've ever seen.

• Like 1

I thought the rule was you can't be offside if you're behind the player who passes the ball to you - like in the past when 2 have run through on goal past the defence, and the one squares it to the other when the keeper approaches. 

Here, I presume it's deemed Jota's heel was ahead of play. 

10 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Tying into the Champions League thread, City could now face a Premier League points deduction for their FFP violations as well

So that makes 2 asterisks next to the impending Liverpool title win. Excellent. 😑

6 hours ago, Adam said:

Wait, is he offside from receiving the corner? I thought a pass backwards isn't offside regardless?

Very confused but I've only seen it on that video.

It's the pass back to the corner taker, whose heel is (probably) offside, the fact the pass goes backwards is irrelevant. It's weird but correct.

That said I do wonder if that's changed at some point, because in my head the offside rule always started with "when the ball is played forward...".

12 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Tying into the Champions League thread, City could now face a Premier League points deduction for their FFP violations as well

12 hours ago, Cymbols said:

I honestly think that’s the worst VAR decision I’ve seen

Nah, it's cut and dry. 

• Haha 1

Mane!

Norwich had held on really well. Limited us to very few decent chances. All it takes is one though! Took a good ball from Hendo and an excellent first touch from Mane

If Man City drop points and Liverpool keep winning the title decider could be the Merseyside Derby.

If Man City drop even more points and Liverpool keep winning Liverpool could have the title won by the merseyside derby

8 minutes ago, Hobo said:

If Man City drop points and Liverpool keep winning the title decider could be the Merseyside Derby.

If Man City drop even more points and Liverpool keep winning Liverpool could have the title won by the merseyside derby

Alright don't rub it in.

• Like 1