NFL 2019

Maxx

And this is probably the one situation where the fans will be glad of that, the way he's been playing. 

On the pampered QBs and Brady bit, I'd believe it. The NFL: protects QB so bad that they might as well just use touch football rules as far as they are concerned. But I'd love to see someone just up and level Brady before he retires. I'm talking an old school, Dick Butkus `cough up a lung' type hit, where he has to leave the game for a few plays if its not a 3rd or 4th down situation. But I don't want him hurt, just feeling it for a bit.

Fully expecting another nuclear-sized Mike Francesa rant on the Giants today as Pat Shurmur announced that he was cancelling his weekly radio spot with him.  People who defend Francesa are going to paint it as the Giants trying to duck criticism and not be held responsible but I don't buy it in this case.  The only person who gets anything out of that radio spot is Francesa.  This past Monday's spot was literally just 10 minutes of Francesa telling Shurmur that he's done a bad job and the team is terrible while Shurmur didn't really have much to say in response.  We already know the team is terrible, this isn't a shocking revelation.

People acting like the Giants are in the wrong for cancelling is more symptomatic of what a trash fire sports journalism has become.  What other coach would be expected to go on the air every week and allow themselves to be berated?  Let alone by a loudmouth who has never played a down of football in his life.

36 minutes ago, DYSI said:

Francesa's been horrible way longer than the Giants. 

There's a pattern of Francesa being a toxic personality.  All of the other on-air personalities at WFAN hate him.  The Knicks and Rangers won't talk to him anymore.  Darrelle Revis hung up on him mid-interview years ago and his relationship with the Jets never recovered.  A-Rod and other Yankees personalities give priority to Michael Kay's show if they want to get information out there.  The Mets stopped talking to him for a few years.  Mickey Callaway goes on every week but who knows if he will still have a job in three weeks.  Eli cancelled his weekly spot.  Shurmur cancelled his weekly spot.  Phil Simms and Troy Aikman used to be regular guests for years and they don't go on anymore.  He and Chris Russo go back to hating each other every few years.  Dude's a joke.

The only time I can recall actually going out of my way to listen to them was the day after Super Bowl 42.  They'd just spent two weeks talking at length about how the Giants had no shot and then had to turn around and spend five hours eating crow and taking calls from Giants fans who wanted to rub their noses in it.

• Haha 2