NFL 2019

Maxx

4 hours ago, DMN said:

If you're going to make that argument, Andy Reid's offense is a Mike Holmgren offense which is a Bill Walsh offense which is a Paul Brown offense.

That's a bit of a stretch, obviously coaches develop as HCs as time progresses. The Super Bowl season was the 2nd season Pederson was away from Reid. This was after spending his entire NFL career working or running the offense for Reid. I think it's fair to say there's an overlap there.

11 minutes ago, TCO said:

That's a bit of a stretch, obviously coaches develop as HCs as time progresses. The Super Bowl season was the 2nd season Pederson was away from Reid. This was after spending his entire NFL career working or running the offense for Reid. I think it's fair to say there's an overlap there.

It's not really that much of a stretch. They're all built on short timing passes, spreading the defense horizontally, as opposed to the Air Coryell passing scheme which is more vertical. Obviously there are huge differences between Brown's offense and Reid's, like 60 years separate them, but you can draw a pretty straight line between them.

I'd also argue that Reid's real talent is in developing and coaching QBs and not so much offensive design. He hasn't really reinvented the wheel.

He's a great coach, I just would not have him as the root of his own coaching tree. Even if you won't go as far as Paul Brown, I don't see any argument against him being in Holmgren's or Walsh's.

29 minutes ago, Rey Cloudy said:

I don't know if that's a terrible ass take or what.

Fuck Antonio Brown.

What Stick said? He isn't wrong.

Brown should be done, but his talent is so great that there will absolutely be NFL teams lining up to sign him once all this blows over. It's the way that league works. 

• Thanks 1