NFL 2019

Maxx

59 minutes ago, DMN said:

He might get some money from New England, but I don't understand where he found a lawyer that thought he was gonna get money from Oakland.

Mike Shanahan isn't going to get shit and any lawyer who told him otherwise is a crook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I normally roll my eyes at any actual 16-0 talk halfway through the season but...it’s surely in play for this Pats team.  At best there’s like three games left on their schedule that might give them a hard time and with their defense playing the way it is...yeesh.

You'd figure one of the Ravens, Cowboys, Texans, or Chiefs will do it. Browns have a good defense, if Mayfield can get his head out of his ass they've got a shot. Eagles are horrific in the 1st half but there's reason to believe that trend can't last all year and they might have a shot too. It's just a rather rough 2nd half for them. I figure 15-1 or 14-2 is where they wind up, but they genuinely have played 1 good team so far and they almost lost that game.

19 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

You'd figure one of the Ravens, Cowboys, Texans, or Chiefs will do it. Browns have a good defense, if Mayfield can get his head out of his ass they've got a shot. Eagles are horrific in the 1st half but there's reason to believe that trend can't last all year and they might have a shot too. It's just a rather rough 2nd half for them. I figure 15-1 or 14-2 is where they wind up, but they genuinely have played 1 good team so far and they almost lost that game.

How dare you diss the underdog Pats :angry:

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I normally roll my eyes at any actual 16-0 talk halfway through the season but...it’s surely in play for this Pats team.  At best there’s like three games left on their schedule that might give them a hard time and with their defense playing the way it is...yeesh.

They won't go 15-0. They play the Cowboys in week 12. <_<

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Bills might get them too.

Pats get another shutout.  That's the fourth time in seven games this season in which their defense did not allow an offensive score.  And that's with them playing their second and third stringers to finish out these games.

I don't even care that they're playing a heaping helping of crap teams.  That's just absurd in today's NFL.  Any backups they might have hitting free agency next year are probably going to be cashing in on some nice paydays from half the league.

Adam Gase had to be the worst coaching hire of the offseason.  I'm not saying that teams should've been breaking down the doors to hire Todd Bowles, Vance Joseph, or Steve Wilks...but that those guys didn't even sniff an interview while Gase waltzed right into another job tells you a lot about the institutional bias that still exists in the league.

Gase got another chance because he's a well-connected white coach who also happened to coach Peyton Manning...aka the guy who pretty much served as his own offensive coordinator anyway.  Genius!

• Like 1