The Emirates FA Cup 2019/20

Lineker

• Admin

Port Vale striker Tom Pope gained attention this weekend for scoring against Manchester City but could now be subject to an investigation by the Football Association after posting a series of tweets linking the Rothschilds to “every bank on the planet.”

When asked by a fan to “predict the World War III result” Pope tweeted “We invade Iran then Cuba then North Korea then the Rothschilds are crowned champions of every bank on the planet.”

When another Twitter user highlighted why the FA might want to investigate a potentially anti-semitic remark, Pope continued to defend himself.

“How is it racist??” he replied. “Seriously is someone out to destroy me or what? Someone asked how does WW3 end and I replied when said countries were invaded and they have all the banks!! What’s the problem with that? Seriously??

In another post, he tweeted: “They own the bloody banks! There’s no racial malice whatsoever and anyone would say the bloody same! I didn’t choose a side I merely stated they own the banks and that’s it!”

It is understood the FA are looking into the matter and could launch an investigation depending on the outcome of talks with both the player and his club.

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Port Vale striker Tom Pope gained attention this weekend for scoring against Manchester City but could now be subject to an investigation by the Football Association after posting a series of tweets linking the Rothschilds to “every bank on the planet.”

When asked by a fan to “predict the World War III result” Pope tweeted “We invade Iran then Cuba then North Korea then the Rothschilds are crowned champions of every bank on the planet.”

When another Twitter user highlighted why the FA might want to investigate a potentially anti-semitic remark, Pope continued to defend himself.

“How is it racist??” he replied. “Seriously is someone out to destroy me or what? Someone asked how does WW3 end and I replied when said countries were invaded and they have all the banks!! What’s the problem with that? Seriously??

In another post, he tweeted: “They own the bloody banks! There’s no racial malice whatsoever and anyone would say the bloody same! I didn’t choose a side I merely stated they own the banks and that’s it!”

It is understood the FA are looking into the matter and could launch an investigation depending on the outcome of talks with both the player and his club.

I hope he gets banned or something. He's a cocky prick and all that stuff over Stones left a bad taste for me, unprofessional. And the fact so many of the "banter" football fans loved it just compounded it.

He's the bloke in every team Whatsapp from Man City's to Dog & Duck FC's who constantly posts shit memes and all his team mates wish he'd leave.

He's put out a statement pleading ignorance, that he's unaware of the link between Rothschild and Jewish faith, but I've already seen someone pull up a tweet from two months ago where he spoke to a team mate saying something about a "Jewish hat" so I'm not sure how well his stupidity defence will hold up.

34 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

If Leeds could finish this could have been over already. If they had a strong referee then Arsenal could be flirting with being down to 10 men as well courtesy of club hero Xhaka 

The ref is punishing us by keeping Xhaka on the pitch.

5 hours ago, Adam said:

He's put out a statement pleading ignorance, that he's unaware of the link between Rothschild and Jewish faith, but I've already seen someone pull up a tweet from two months ago where he spoke to a team mate saying something about a "Jewish hat" so I'm not sure how well his stupidity defence will hold up.

In his defense it's incredibly likely that he's stupid and antisemitic. 

Oh fuck off VAR. The commentators have seen all the angles and decided there's nothing in that faster than the clods at VAR HQ.

This has been one of the most blatant displays of cheating from officials I've ever seen. Leeds should have taken their chances but as Vieira once wrote "we knew the referees would have our back before we went to the stadium". Lacazette kicking someone and then kneeing them in the face when they tried to get up not even worthy of discussion, the Leeds player didn't even dive like Rudiger did when Son was rightfully sent off for a petulant kick. Between racism (fake racism too, as is becoming a worrying trend too) and open cheating by officials and deliberately misusing VAR to get people against the change even more than most sceptics were I think British football can forfeit the rights to any high ground. 

I think that seeing the officials standing laughing with the Arsenal players while holding up play said it all.

Edited by lanky316

• Admin

The Football Association is discussing whether it can withdraw from the controversial arrangement which allows betting companies to show live FA Cup matches exclusively, amid a storm of protest.

The FA is in talks with IMG, the marketing giant which bought the Cup rights then struck deals with betting companies, over the feasibility of withdrawing from these contracts or renegotiating them.

Given the governing body’s stance on not accepting any sponsorships from betting sites, there is a will to see if it is possible to withdraw from these deals, which were agreed in early 2017 before that decision was taken, but with seven UK companies holding the rights, there is concern that the cost could be prohibitive.

From the 2021-22 season, the FA has said that its new broadcasting deal allows it to show FA Cup matches on its own website to a UK audience, so the UK betting companies will no longer have the matches exclusively anyway.

Ministers will warn the FA that its government funding could be cut unless it ditches the deal that allows gambling companies to show live FA Cup games on their websites to people who open betting accounts.

MPs from all parties lined up on Thursday to condemn the FA’s commercial tie-up with seven UK gambling companies after an urgent question tabled by the Labour MP Carolyn Harris, who branded the deal “shameful”.

“I’ve been very clear that the government has asked the FA to look at all avenues to review this element of their broadcasting agreement,” said Nigel Adams, a junior minister at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

He said he had summoned the FA for a meeting next week and would “see what opportunities there are to rescind this part of the deal”.

The former Conservative leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith repeated his call, made in Thursday’s Guardian, for the government to review the funding it provides to the FA unless football’s governing body scraps the deal. “That will very much be on my agenda,” said Adams.

Audience numbers for the third-round matches shown on gambling websites are not publicly available as only the betting companies have the data, but they are thought to be relatively small, given the matches available are those not picked by broadcasters for a wider audience, and not kicking off at 3pm. The FA is pointing out that this also means that from the fourth round on, there are very few matches available to betting companies, because almost all non-3pm matches are shown on television.

MPs lined up to express concern about gambling’s hold on football and to criticise the FA for signing a deal that allowed betting companies to show 32 FA Cup games, compared with two on free-to-air TV, to customers who opened an account or placed a bet.

The discussion saw widespread support from all parties for reform of the Gambling Act passed in 2005 under Tony Blair’s Labour government, which liberalised regulation on the industry.

The Conservative manifesto committed the government to a review of what it called “analogue legislation in a digital age” and Labour has also called for the Act to be replaced.