UFC News and Discussion Thread

Rumours of Bigfoot Silva vs. Cain Velasquez, which is actually a pretty interesting fight.

Interesting how? We've already seen what a high level wrestler with a set of hands can do to Bigfoot's MASSIVE chin, I see this one being over pretty quick.

Although it's good to see that they're not treating the existing SF Heavyweights with kid gloves upon their arrival to the big show, just hoping Uncle Dana isn't going to derail Josh Barnett's momentum by not bringing him over after he subs Cormier in March.

I am tempted to get a ticket and fly out to Sweden for the night for it, with flights and a decent hostel it would cost £275 plus the ticket and food so I am looking at £400, for what is looking like a great card.

Edit scratch that, hostel and flights for £150... Oh dear God that's tempting

Guest mr. potato head

Meltzer reports that if Evans beats Davis and is able to start training right away, he'll get the shot at Jones perhaps as early as April. A Davis win or Evans injury, and Hendo gets the shot.

I am tempted to get a ticket and fly out to Sweden for the night for it, with flights and a decent hostel it would cost £275 plus the ticket and food so I am looking at £400, for what is looking like a great card.

How many lakes are there in Sweden?

How many lakes are there in Sweden?

Enough to fall in

and there is a bridge near the venue

After the fight, Brock told Dana he was 100% in the fight and Overeem was just a better fighter.

There's no way Lesnar would have said anything to the extent of "Well if I hadn't gotten sick..." and started making excuses. He's a man, he handled his illness like a man and didn't treat it as an excuse. Do I think, as someone who saw Brock Lesnar beat Frank Mir and Randy Couture, that if this was Brock pre-setbacks he would have beaten Overeem? Yes. But as a fighter, Lesnar nor many others would make excuses for a loss.