2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

On 5/2/2017 at 21:58, damshow said:

Future Patriot Sammy Watkins*

It would be cool, but the Pats already got a bunch of receivers.  Edelman, Cooks, Hogan, Mitchell, Amendola.  Well, Amendola and Watkins might get a combined season between the two.

I could his personality being way different in the booth vs. as a player, where a majority of our view of him is based more on poor body language than anything else.

I'm pretty sure just about every player/coach/GM that serves in these analyst roles for networks have easy outs in their contracts should they wish to pursue an opportunity within the league itself.  If Cutler's given an offer to be a commentator, it wouldn't hurt him to take it and prepare for life after football - he can always sign with a team later if somebody comes knocking.

Might be a bit off topic but didn't want to make a whole new thread for this. I'm currently posting a new YouTube video on 10 stupid things that NFL stars have done and was wondering if this looks like a good thumbnail. Any feedback is appreciated.

oh4y02.jpg

On 06/05/2017 at 07:03, The Big Bratwurst said:

Might be a bit off topic but didn't want to make a whole new thread for this. I'm currently posting a new YouTube video on 10 stupid things that NFL stars have done and was wondering if this looks like a good thumbnail. Any feedback is appreciated.

oh4y02.jpg

Replace Ray Lewis with that guy that shot himself in the leg. :shifty:

No ulterior motive.

I firmly believe that if Plax didn't shoot himself in the leg, the 2008 Giants would've been playing in Super Bowl 43 against the Steelers and bidding for a repeat.  The Giants and Steelers had played a really great game earlier in the year and it just screamed "rematch later on in the Super Bowl" to me.

The offense went completely down the tubes once Plax ended his own season.

• Admin

New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was arrested and charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence in Miami on Sunday night, police confirmed to NFL.com.

Anderson got into a fight with security at an event after being told to leave, according to a Miami-Dade Police Dept. report. He then pushed a police officer after being told to sit down. Anderson continued to fight with police while on the ground and was then arrested.

Anderson, who also was cited for obstructing a police officer, is set to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on May 15.

"We are aware of the situation," a Jets spokesman said in a statement. "This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comment at this time."

In his rookie season, Anderson recorded 42 receptions for 587 yards and two touchdowns.

On 3/31/2017 at 07:55, Meacon said:

Patrick Mahomes going in the first round is mindboggling. He's the product of a system. It'd be like friggin' Kliff Kingsbury or Colt Brennan getting drafted in the first round because they threw 50+ TDs. This quarterback class is such shit that they're going to be drafting @The Handsome Luchadore in the third round at this point.

Oh Meacon you are being ridic...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806903/article/mahomes-on-playbook-a-lot-harder-than-i-thought

67803907.jpg

• Like 2