2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

5 hours ago, damshow said:

That's 4 INTs by the Ravens today.

As many takeaways as points allowed (10) through the first two games, Absolute madness.

But in true Ravens fashion we lose Yanda for the year. *Flips table*

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Good luck the rest of the season, @Maxx. Hope to see you in the Super Bowl.

3rd string and rookie secondary players can't keep up with pro bowl receivers, what can ya do.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, DMN said:

Bullshit, if Ken Stabler and gimpy kneed fucking Joe Namath survived, I'm sure the greatest QB (of his generation) could as well.

There's no gimmick or system to Brady, he's just really fucking good at pretty much everything it takes to QB.

I feel dirty now.

Both of them had physical issues, sure. But when it comes to mental toughness, Brady is a pussy compared to both of them. There's no way in hell he could take the type of hits they dealt out back then.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Both of them had physical issues, sure. But when it comes to mental toughness, Brady is a pussy compared to both of them. There's no way in hell he could take the type of hits they dealt out back then.

What did he do last year?  You don't do that without being mentally tough.  

Just stop with this stupid shit, because guess what?  Brady would have been a different type of player if he had played back then as well.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Busch Strowman said:

The Chargers charged a cool $100 for parking today.

I honestly thought you were joking until I saw the link for myself. That's ridiculous. I guess they had to live up to the Charger name somehow. <_< Here is the link for anyone that wants to read it. 

3 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

At this point, the blackballing of Kaepernick is just getting way too obvious.

Minnesota and Jax would be better off right now with Kaep than with Case Keenum and Bortles.

I can understand Minnesota not signing him, same as I did Miami. The Vikings already have a QB controversy with Bradford and Teddy, no point in adding to it, similar to how Miami only needed a one year rental, and Cutler has history with the coach.

Jacksonville would probably win their division (or at least challenge Tenn) with Kaepernick, so I'm not sure why they didn't try it.

27 minutes ago, DMN said:

I can understand Minnesota not signing him, same as I did Miami. The Vikings already have a QB controversy with Bradford and Teddy, no point in adding to it, similar to how Miami only needed a one year rental, and Cutler has history with the coach.

Jacksonville would probably win their division (or at least challenge Tenn) with Kaepernick, so I'm not sure why they didn't try it.

Why I mentioned Minnesota:

http://startribune.com/a-year-after-bold-move-for-sam-bradford-vikings-could-have-used-colin-kaepernick-as-backup/445174023/

35 minutes ago, DMN said:

Miami is the last team that should sign Kaepernick, even if all their QBs were injured. He once praised Fidel Castro, so the fans there would probably eat him alive.

I think a team will eventually sign him, but right now he still brings too much baggage for most teams to deal with. Baltimore would have been a good place for him, if his girlfriend hadn't acted like an idiot. 

I do not agree with that Yahoo article I mentioned that said the only two teams that could use him are the Colts and Jets, but I do think the Jets are a team that should be giving him a look.