Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

7 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Good player. Terrible person. 

Really? He obviously had a temper in his younger days and he's talked and written about it in depth, but whenever you hear him speak in recent years he comes across very well, and even for a celebrity footballer he does an awful lot for charity. I'm hoping these are unfounded to be honest, I've got a lot of time for him. 

3 minutes ago, Colly said:

Really? He obviously had a temper in his younger days and he's talked and written about it in depth, but whenever you hear him speak in recent years he comes across very well, and even for a celebrity footballer he does an awful lot for charity. I'm hoping these are unfounded to be honest, I've got a lot of time for him. 

His charity work is admirable and I enjoyed his stints at us as a player he was a good player to watch but stuff like attacking Riise with a golf club when he was about 28. Can talk about being younger and that but I've never done anything like that before. (Not saying I'm a better person but still there's doing stupid stuff when you're young and then that) I hope the accusations are untrue btw. Not just for his sake but in general. 

Also that was so close to going in...Stones did well to get back to that. 

3 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

His charity work is admirable and I enjoyed his stints at us as a player he was a good player to watch but stuff like attacking Riise with a golf club when he was about 28. Can talk about being younger and that but I've never done anything like that before. (Not saying I'm a better person but still there's doing stupid stuff when you're young and then that) I hope the accusations are untrue btw. Not just for his sake but in general. 

Yes I'll admit my definition of "younger" was a slight stretch. I read this recently though which is why this news surprises me. 

https://mundialmag.com/blogs/gazzetta/craig-bellamy-and-the-search-for-welsh-masculinity

13 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Not that it makes it alright, but I loved that he then told mates that if he scored in the Champions League (I want to say against Barcelona, but I might be wrong), he'd celebrate with a golf swing. Which he did, costing the bookies a decent whack of money.

Kompany should have been off. Lunging off the floor scissor tackle, he's been sent off for that previously. Sure he got a red in a derby doing that. 

Figures they score down that side of Trent/Lovren. 

4 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Kompany should have been off. Lunging off the floor scissor tackle, he's been sent off for that previously. Sure he got a red in a derby doing that. 

Figures they score down that side of Trent/Lovren. 

I posted it on Twitter, but I don't think that was a red card. I feel the ref got it spot on personally.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colly said:

Nah that's a red. Feet are miles off the ground and studs up. 

Go on Souness, tell us how shit it is to watch on the telly... 

Doesn't mean much, but they both said it could have been a red,  but could have been a yellow. Open to interpretation.