Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

I think one of the huge problems at United is their overly conservative approach to attacking. They were doing it again and again against Spurs, as there simply wasn’t enough people going forward.

You can see the full backs and usually two of the midfield three purposely not pushing forward when United attack, and that really isn’t the United people are used to. 

9 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I think one of the huge problems at United is their overly conservative approach to attacking. They were doing it again and again against Spurs, as there simply wasn’t enough people going forward.

You can see the full backs and usually two of the midfield three purposely not pushing forward when United attack, and that really isn’t the United people are used to. 

And it's not like we can't afford to push on. De Gea's not been at his imperious best thus far this season but he's still one of the best keepers in the world and we should be relying on him and our centrebacks to provide the security needed, which they would be, had Jose not systematically undermined them for the past season or so.

It's ridiculous.

40 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

And it's not like we can't afford to push on. De Gea's not been at his imperious best thus far this season but he's still one of the best keepers in the world and we should be relying on him and our centrebacks to provide the security needed, which they would be, had Jose not systematically undermined them for the past season or so.

It's ridiculous.

This also leaves Lukaku isolated so often. There's always such a huge gap between your midfield and him, he must get so frustrated by it. 

Then you have occasions where the team leave a player under pressure and almost seem afraid to vacate their zone to help out. There was an example of this with Paul Pogba where he was holding the ball up (in his own half), but no United player offered any sort of help and it ended with him passing it out of play for a Spurs throw. For me, United's biggest problem is that players don't seem to have any sort of freedom whatsoever and reverting from the specific instructions Mourinho has drilled into them could lead to the old hairdryer treatment. 

No matter how many times you hear that everything is rosy in the United camp, I don't buy it. You only need to look at happens on the pitch and see body language of certain players. 

In spite of all this, long may it continue as it is a jolly good time. 

• Like 1

• Admin

Referee Bobby Madley was forced to quit the Premier League over offensive social media messages which reportedly mocked a disabled man.

Madley, 32, is understood to be starting a new life in Norway after a screen grab of a Snapchat message was sent by one of his followers to senior refereeing officials.

Madley is reported by The Sun to have shared a picture of a disabled man with an insensitive remark about the probability of being able to beat him in a school sports day race.

The 32-year-old, once touted as one of Britain's best young referees,  is now in the process of registering for a the professional league in Norway, where his girlfriend lives.

He and his family, from West Yorkshire, have refused to comment since the Daily Telegraph broke news of his departure two weeks ago.

Madley took charge of last year’s Community Shield and was on the Fifa list. His departure before the start of the season was not initially disclosed to his  fellow select group referees by their organisation Professional Game Match Officials.

However, he was not present at the mandatory pre-season meeting at St George’s Park where they are briefed and prepared. His sudden departure left the select group of 18 referees down to 17. In a statement PGMOL said:  “Bobby Madley is no longer employed by PGMOL. We understand that he has decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances.”

There seems to be videos circulating on Twitter of Liverpool’s new goalkeeper Allison involved in a three-way which including women snorting coke off of his member...

:lol:

Update: Comments suggest it might be a lookalike. I’m not watching them. :shifty:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

We don't deserve a 2-0 lead, really. Leicester been the better side for the last 20-25 minutes, but it's great to see us take that opportunity when we're not playing as great

Types of games we would normally flap. This is how we are gonna win the league with 38 wins and 0 goals conceded :shifty:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Types of games we would normally flap. This is how we are gonna win the league with 38 wins and 0 goals conceded :shifty:

I agree wholeheartedly. I knew we would struggle against that double pivot of Ndidi and Mendy, which is why I think Keita dropped out for Hendo. That big start was crucial, and then it's just been our midfield grinding away until we can grab that opportunistic second. It's been a good game plan.