Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

Arsenal deserved to win, so I'm happy with the 3 points and there were a few nice goals but that was never a foul for their 2nd, the Lacazette one. Never in a million years. Auba and Laca to start every game please.

3 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

28 seconds into the second half and Cech passed the ball to a Cardiff player just outside the area.

At least in the first half it took him four attempts and didn’t happen until the 7th minute.

This is so mental. If he wants to implement a new style, which is great sure, then play the player who we just signed and is better at it than Cech. If he wants to bleed Leno in slowly with cup games etc then sure, fine. But let Cech play the way he knows. This isn't good for my old ticker :(

Also fuckin lol spurs. They clearly don't have the cojones >_>

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Arsenal deserved to win, so I'm happy with the 3 points and there were a few nice goals but that was never a foul for their 2nd, the Lacazette one. Never in a million years. Auba and Laca to start every game please.

This is so mental. If he wants to implement a new style, which is great sure, then play the player who we just signed and is better at it than Cech. If he wants to bleed Leno in slowly with cup games etc then sure, fine. But let Cech play the way he knows. This isn't good for my old ticker :(

Agreed. You can see that Cech isn’t comfortable at all when he receives the ball and there’s any opposition player within 15 yards of him. The players and coach should all be aware. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks. He’s 36(?) and has never been a goalkeeper that likes to play short passes or use his technique to get him into a better position, so why do it now? 

I am honestly a bit miffed at the Leno signing. Spending £20m on a goalkeeper who fits the whole “play out from the back” philosophy, just to sit on the sidelines confuses me no end.

Even before Cech left Chelsea, if he were in a match without the option of punting the ball up to the halfway line for Ivanovic to nod down he looked a little uncertain.

He had been doing it for maybe six years straight, in fairness.

Hendo signed a new five year contract today. I'm sure internet trolls are losing their minds at this news. Man gets so much unfair stick. He's a good player who does his job full tilt. He may not be a long term starting XI guy as we continue to move forward, but he's a great player to have in the squad. Happy with this.

Isn't the argument about Jose results vs style? Meaning if you get the best of Jose you'll get results but without the style.

So that annoying 'something good' chant is a bit stupid right? It's saying 'Jose has united playing the way they should' that's 'playing' not 'winning' (not that we are doing a lot of that at the moment either :shifty: )

Unless of course it's chanted ironically. 

Edited by Noah