Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

Goalkeepers: De Gea, Schmeichel and Van der sar.

Defenders: Gary Neville, Vidic, Ferdinand, Stam, Evra, Irwin, Brown and Pallister.

Midfield: Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Carrick, Beckham, Ronaldo, Pogba and Mata.

Forwards: Rudd, Cantona, Ole Gunnar and Rooney.

Goalkeepers: Schmeichel, van der Sar, De Gea

Defenders: Gary Neville, Vidic, Stam, Ferdinand, Irwin, Evra, Pallister

Midfielders: Giggs, Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Kanchelskis, Ince, Sharpe

Strikers: Cantona, Ronaldo, van Nistlerooy, Yorke, Cole, Solskjaer

47 minutes ago, Lineker said:

If I were to guess, one figure is tickets sold, the other is people who have physically walked through the turnstiles.

Yeah, I know, but... I assume that the number of people who have physically walked through the turnstiles can only have come from the clubs too? It's not like the police would have any other way to count it.

Since the whole article seems to be centered around how some clubs count properly and some don't, it seems weird that it says stuff like: 

According to the Sports Ground Safety Authority, clubs are required by law to know the number of people attending each game for safety reasons and plan in advance for expected attendances.

...but at the same time is saying "but that number can be real or based on tickets, it doesn't matter".

Basically I find the whole thing a little sketchy, especially when it comes up with figures like:

Four of the six Chelsea matches that Hammersmith and Fulham Council attended were European games where the difference ranged from zero for their last-16 Champions League tie against Barcelona on 20 February (attendance 37,741) to 5,222 (41,150 - 35,928) for their group game against Qarabag on 12 September.

For two Premier League fixtures the difference was 6,345 (41,364 - 35,019), for the visit of Tottenham on 1 April, and 3,096 (41,324 - 38,228) for West Ham a week later.

I'm sorry, but I was at both of those games. The idea that the CL group game against Qarabag had a higher attendance than the league tie with Spurs is a fucking nonsense.

The clubs will know the real figure based on the click of the turnstiles and they will share that information with the Police a couple of days after the match once it has been verified. The Police then use those figures to allocate resources to future matches.

It's the figure that is announced over the tannoy which is misleading, since that will be based on tickets sold, including all season, corporate and complimentary tickets. So you could sell forty thousand season tickets, have not a single holder turn up and they would still announce forty thousand in attendance.

• Like 1

• Admin

Former England and Chelsea defender John Terry has turned down a move to Spartak Moscow after deciding it was not right for his family.

The 37-year-old is understood to have had a medical in Rome ahead of a proposed two-year deal with the Russian club, chronicling it on his Instagram story, but has since had a change of heart. Terry has been without a club since leaving Aston Villa at the end of last season.

Again taking to Instagram, Terry said: “After considerable thought, I have decided to decline a contract offer from Spartak Moscow. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Spartak and wish them and their supporters well for the rest of the season. They are an ambitious club and I have been very impressed with their professionalism.

“But after assessing this move with my family, we’ve decided this is not the right move for ourselves at this time. Good Luck Spartak.”

Terry left Villa after they lost the Championship play-off final to Fulham at the end of May and has been on the look-out for a new club, keeping himself fit over the summer.

He has received several offers and has been linked with a return to Villa Park, with Steve Bruce still looking for an experienced central defender.

The former Three Lions captain can still sign for any club despite the transfer window being shut as he is a free agent.

It look him literally nearly a week to decide 'Russia? Fucking hell, that's a bit of culture shock for the kids!'.

He's not the brightest is he?

Or is it because he tried to stick them up for 60% more money than he'd agreed to and they told him to fuck off?

He wanted a clause that said he didn’t have to play against Chelsea. They explained to him why it wasn’t necessary a number of times, but he simply didn’t understand. So he bailed.

”But, Mr. Terry. Chelski don’t actually exist and definitely don’t play in the Russian Premier League”.

”U wot mate?”

The 'Team Bridge' nonsense in particular. So a former teammate slept with with a woman you'd already broken up with - stop acting like what she does now is your business, you possessive twat. And then he and his teammates get a bunch of shirts printed off to show their solidarity on international television? What.

• Like 1