Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

As someone who hasn't seen an awful lot of United recently, what is going on with Alexis Sanchez?

Is it down to him not fitting into Mourinho's style of play? Is it players around him not being on his wave length? Is it him not being on other players wave length?

He's the highest paid player in the history of the Premier League and since January he's done next to nothing bar score a penalty and one other goal I think.

He's had odd moments of the "old" Alexis but they've been few and far between. He just hasn't hit form at all. I wouldn't blame the style of football either, to be honest. We've been seeing plenty of the ball this season in the final third, but something just isn't clicking with him and the players he's with.

What can't help is that the forward line is constantly changing. Lukaku starts when fit obviously, but it's anyone's guess who'll be either side of him.

City didn't even need him. They were strolling to the title and have Sterling and Sane in the wide positions. Mahrez is 3 years younger and seems like a much better fit anyway.

It really was a bizarre move to pull the trigger on that deal and now they're going to be paying him those wages until he's almost 34. If I were DDG's agent, Sanchez's deal would be the minimum for me to even begin talking to United.

Think the ship has passed for De Gea going to Madrid. I think whilst issues regarding his contract are gonna crop up in terms of wages, there isn't any realistic moves available. 

Juve is a weird one in that they probably could afford him but would he go

PSG have Button but that's a short term measure. I think they'd love to have a big name player in goal once Button retires. 

The market for goalkeepers is quite limited atm in terms of where do players go. Us and Chelsea have boxed keepers off for the long term, City have Ederson, Barca, Atletico and Real are sorted for keepers. 

The only league really is Serie A. 

He's out of contract at the end of the season and PSG don't have a long-term world class keeper. Whether he wants to move to Paris is one thing but he has all the leverage in the world gong into his new deal negotiations. He's saved United so many points it's hard to keep count and he has every right to be their highest paid player.