Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

54 minutes ago, Colly said:

Also, hindsight my arse. 

His intentions are unquestionably a nil nil-ler, but his tactics aren't going to achieve that and failed to do so every time he tried. It's the fans that see the 1-0 loss as a good result that I have the biggest issue with, but the tactics are terrible and we were fortunate with narrow losses in both cases. In the games where we actually set up with an attacking option we beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea at home. 9 points worth far more than the difference between -1 and -5 goal difference. Shut up shop at 3-0 if need be, but not before kickoff. 

You're just a Kevin Keegan obsessed dinosaur. :shifty:

Spoiler

Newcastle 1995/96 > Brazil 1970

Declan Rice is apparently doing a Grealish. 

I'm not bothered about this one so much. Grealish would have been a superstar for us, Rice is alright but nothing special.

Still a bit cunty to play every level underage and 3 senior caps before bolting.

Probably a bit of unfair pressure coming from the FA too, promising him the world. The lad is a fringe player at West Ham, England are just covering their bases in case he turns into something more. 

If he decides to switch now, he's locked in for his whole career. 

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Declan Rice is apparently doing a Grealish

I'm not bothered about this one so much. Grealish would have been a superstar for us, Rice is alright but nothing special.

Still a bit cunty to play every level underage and 3 senior caps before bolting.

To be fair to him he was born in London and has spent his career so far in England. If anything it is more of a pisstake that he represented Ireland.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I can’t believe that Man United spend so much money but still lineup with a defence of Valencia, Jones, Smalling and Shaw.

See, I don't think that's a bad defence to be honest. Obviously David De Gea is a huge part of it, but this defence or some form of it have conceded in the last four seasons: 2nd least, 2nd least, 3rd least, 4th least amount of goals. It's a defence that is definitely greater than the sum of its parts and if Jose possessed even an inkling of attacking intent the quality of that defence wouldn't really be an issue, as we'd be scoring so many more.

The only top 6 team we outscored last season was Chelsea, who basically spent a year on holiday, and the season before that we were the 3rd lowest goal scorers in the top half of the table. It's been two years of a failure to attack, a failure to be adventurous and I'm only partially joking when I posted that tweet further up the page. If Spurs thrash us tonight and Jose gets sacked that might honestly be the best result for the club going forward.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us win tonight. We've actually done alright under Jose against the big sides. The issue is when we come up against sides in the bottom half and think we can just show up and win, despite no real attacking intent. 

3 hours ago, MDK said:

To be fair to him he was born in London and has spent his career so far in England. If anything it is more of a pisstake that he represented Ireland.

It's not like this is uncommon. Irish teams from the mid 80s to the late 90s were full of players who weren't born in Ireland.

That's the thing that happens when you have a large diaspora and comparatively small pool of players being produced in your country.

If the guy was from Ireland and playing in Ireland chances are he wouldnt have any caps

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Good half. This could go either way.

Only seen the last 10 minutes but spurs have been all over you. So obviously you'll win 1-0 off a long ball up to that dirty microphone headed fucker.