Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

18 hours ago, Gazz said:

I like how confident he is on the ball, but Alisson is definitely going to drop a clanger this season.

It's gonna happen. He'll probably get an assist too. And in the same game.

David Luiz is the latest Chelsea player to admit that Antonio Conte’s summer departure from the club meant an extended stay at Stamford Bridge.

Following on from compatriot  Willian, the former Paris Saint-Germain and Benfica centre-back has confessed that had the Italian not been sacked on the eve of the new season, the chances of him still playing for the Blues would be slim.

Instead, he is hopeful of featuring in Sunday’s clash against Newcastle United and is delighted to have remained.

@stokerino

Well, Newcastle are playing a back three today without Lascalles, who has apparently being dropped due to a training ground bust up with Rafa.

10-0 to Chelsea.

200th Premier League start for Captain Dave. :wub:

Very interested to see Kovacic play from the start today. He appeared to link up well with Hazard when they both came off the bench against Arsenal.

• Like 1

I'm still not used to watching Chelsea have this kind of possession. The longer we go in a match without scoring, the more I worry we'll end up in an Arsenal-esque "yeah we dropped points, but...the possession stats..." cul-de-sac.

Not sure if it feels more likely for this to end 0-0 or for Chelsea to *finally* get a goal...only to immediately gift a silly 1-1 equaliser.

Of course now Hazard is about to come off which won't help matters.

Edit: Oh, it's Pedro who's being subbed. Good.

2nd half possession 10% - 90%  :lol: 

Obviously a game with 80% or 90% possession was always going to require an iffy penalty to break the deadlock.