Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

I wouldn't bother if I was him. Wolves will be getting European football next year as much as Arsenal are and he's built something good there (not to mention having lots of money)

Was inevitable after last night. Ljungberg is to take over as interim manager.

10 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Poch to be announced at about 7 o'clock then?

I would much rather have Allegri out of the names that have been thrown about, but I wouldn't say no to Poch, if only for the banter.

Emery deserves to go but its not just an issue with him. There's issues with the club as a whole and the culture. The problems stem from the top and go right through the club. 

I'm not sure anyone was ever going to solidly succeed Wenger, it doesn't usually go well after such a big culture change. But it seems he lost control very quickly this season.

I expect Silva and Pellegrini are not far behind him in heading for the exit door.

• Admin

David Pemsel has resigned as chief executive of the Premier League, two months before he was due to take up the role.

The Premier League must now resume their hunt for a new CEO and are faced with finding a third candidate to replace the long-serving Richard Scudamore, who stepped down in November of last year.

The Premier League said in a statement on Friday: “Following media disclosures earlier this week and discussions with David Pemsel, the Premier League has today accepted David’s resignation and he will no longer be joining as chief executive.

“Richard Masters will continue as interim chief executive. No further comment will be made at this stage.”

Pemsel, 51, was awarded the role just last month, when the Premier League announced his arrival from the Guardian Media Group.

Prior to this, the job had been given to broadcasting executive Susanna Dinnage, only for her to change her mind and decide to stay at the media group Discovery. Tim Davie, the chief executive of BBC Studios, was also reported to have turned down the opportunity.