2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Maybe he wants to play with JJ Watt? I saw a stat the other week (not that I can remember it!) which stated that Watt and Adams were the only two players ever to do something or rather.

Not that we have any picks left to give up to go get him, anyway.

Dak signed the tender.

I'm over the whole thing. He's not worth the money he's asking for. The last couple of deals the team has offered that he turned down were generous. Even if salaries and the cap are going up, he's still asking for more than he's worth. Its not worth possibly crippling the team by locking up money on him that could be spent better elsewhere for the next few years. 

One of my neighbors, who is also a Cowboys fan, has high hopes that they go after Jadeveon Clowney. I wish they would, but do not see it happening. They should tell Dak to pound sand, and offer Clowney $20 million a year, with about $5 million guaranteed. Which is only slightly less than what DeMarcus Lawrence got, if I remember right. 

The thing with Clowney is he looks good on tape but he isn't actually that good. He can't get to the QB consistently, which is a problem when your job is to get to the QB consistently.

Meanwhile the thing with Dak is that it's nearly impossible to replace his position immediately so you have to pay him a ton because the alternative is a reduction in wins.

With a head coach that actually knows what he's doing now, I do not see them finishing worse than they did last year, even if they decided to start Dalton over Dak. People laugh at the idea of starting Dalton, but he was on a garbage team and his only real issue is fumbles. With Dallas' O-Line, he shouldn't end up in many situations where those occur.

Do I think Dalton could be a long term replacement for Dak? No. But do I do think Dak should get paid what he wants, even if not doing so costs the team a couple wins? FUCK NO.

My prediction for the next season, barring injuries, is that the team goes 10-6, possibly 11-5. They sweep the Giants and Redskins, and lose at Philadelphia, but beat the Eagles at home.

Edited by GhostMachine

1 minute ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Adams has apparently said he’d prefer to be a Cowboy over any other team on his list @Maxx.

Not that that matters but that’s where his head is anyway.

High football IQ!

As for Dak, next wave of QB contracts will make his look far more reasonable by comparison.  It is what it is, unless you want to try to win with rookie QBs , journeymen or vets on their last contract, you are going to have to shell out for a QB.  That’s true league wide.  Any young QB who takes his team to the playoffs will be asking for a similar deal to Dak, especially after Mahomes gets his.

I think Boomer Esiason had it right when he said Jerry took advantage of the Jets and Adams having a dispute to fill Adams' head with the idea of coming back to Dallas to star on the Cowboys. They don't have the money, everyone but Jamal Adams probably knows this. They could get him for one season but would the Jets really go for a pennies-on-the-dollar trade because Dallas wouldn't give up much more. It's a Jerry Jones strategy to try and get a guy for cheap. I mean it's worth it unless he winds up on the Eagles who also don't really have the money.

7 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

Hall of Fame game cancelled and the Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony postponed.

This is absolutely the right call, some of those statues in the Hall Of Fame are a very advanced age and the risk of COVID is just too great.