2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

We all kind of knew that was a possibility. People were salty but got over it and understood why Barry said fuck it. I think much like Calvin he was content with his career and got out still healthy. He didn't care about records or that stuff. Calvin has come out and said he would have kept playing through pain but knew the franchise would never contend. They both made the right choice. 

The Lions are just a fucked up disorganized mess. Probably wont change for a long time. 

Must think he can be a core player.

2 hours ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

He's not really the type of guy that can take them from a low seed to a high seed. 

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

I don't know if his coverage is crisp enough.

He's still kinda green, so I'm kinda sour on the signing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't want to be a Crab, or make a Beacon of myself, and I might be a little high on Ambrosia, but even if I was a Wealthy man I wouldn't hire him for a trip up the Goldenspur of Fuji with my Granny Smith, and I'm a Red. Delicious though he may be, he'll never have a Cameo in any Autumn Glory or I'll be a Pink Lady.

11 hours ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

You can’t argue with GM about this. He thought Kap was the anti-Christ.

Honestly, at this point I'm surprised someone hasn't signed him yet. And I just didn't like some of the anti-police things he did, because he seemed to be lumping all cops in together, and I have police in my family. I also believed there would be too much of a media circus following him, which wouldn't make it worth the hassle. (I can't see Kap in Dallas because I doubt very much that Jerry Jones would be willing to sign him.)

11 hours ago, TCO said:

I just find it ridiculous that Cam Newton's got the wrong attitude for a team that signed Greg Hardy and invited Josh Brent to the sideline after he killed his team mate driving drunk.

To be honest, I was against Randy Gregory AND Greg Hardy ever being on the team, and wasn't exactly thrilled about that Josh Brent invite, either. Care to guess how I feel about Aldon Smith and all his issues? My biggest criticism of Jerry Jones is that he tends to look only at talent and ignore attitude problems and legal issues when it comes to players, and keeps people around that he really should get rid of them just because he likes them personally. He supposedly was stopped from drafting Johnn Football by his own son, and Jason Garrett lasted as head coach about 3 seasons longer than he should have.

As for Newton's attitude, I meant since he was released by the Panthers, so all those links TCO posted are irrelevant. I think he'd do well with the Patriots - He's 2-0 against them - but they seem to be dead set on going with Jarrett Stidwell. He's a better option than either of the Steelers' two backups. And I have a feeling that Goff won't be the Rams' starter much longer if he doesn't step it up a bit. The only teams I've heard rumblings about regarding him that I don't think would be good choices are the Jaguars and Redskins. I don't wish going to the Redskins on anyone due to their owner being a world class douchelord, and the Jaguars don't exactly have a great track record with QBs lately. 

(That douchelord comment also applies to the Colts.)

And  @DMN - What kind of a Winesap are you? You clearly won't be attending any Galas because you have no Empire to speak of. You couldn't even make a Discovery of a Northern Spy named Jonathan! Its my Liberty to tell you you won't be King of the Pippins. More like a Bloody Ploughman. But I don't need to be a Golden Noble to tell you that, do I?

(Sorry, but I'm an apple aficiando.)

Edited by GhostMachine

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

As for Newton's attitude, I meant since he was released by the Panthers, so all those links TCO posted are irrelevant.

The Panthers signed another QB in free agency and publicly tweeted that he's free to seek a trade, then released him. All after Rhule said he's their guy, him being there for nearly a decade, winning an MVP and leading them to the Super Bowl . His only public response was "I'm free and hungry. No pity party. Just work." Since then he's basically said nothing and has only posted workout videos.

I'm genuinely curious what he's done in the last 2 months that has shown a bad attitude and what he could have done differently?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TCO said:

The Panthers signed another QB in free agency and publicly tweeted that he's free to seek a trade, then released him. All after Rhule said he's their guy, him being there for nearly a decade, winning an MVP and leading them to the Super Bowl . His only public response was "I'm free and hungry. No pity party. Just work." Since then he's basically said nothing and has only posted workout videos.

I'm genuinely curious what he's done in the last 2 months that has shown a bad attitude and what he could have done differently?

Has he tried not being a young black dude with style and personality?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I would debate style :P 

I take offence to that! :P

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I mean he looks ridiculous but he 100% pulls it off. Being 6'6, handsome and ripped with an amazing hairline probably helps that

21 hours ago, TCO said:

Well he's young and he's black and his hat's real low, does he look like a mindreader @TCO I dunno.  Is he a free agent or should I guess some more?

• Like 4

I will never not be a massive fan of Cam Newton. His rookie season was record setting and he's a league MVP who just turned 31. The injury/fragile narrative is bullshit too. Prior to last year when he was playing hurt and got sat for the year, he missed 4 games in 8 years and one of this was due to car crash. He has slight accuracy issues sure, but his size and mobility make up for that. It's insanity that he's still a free agent when teams are stupid enough to still be trading draft picks for Nick Foles.

• Like 1