NFL 2020

Lineker

45 minutes ago, DFF said:

@Lineker! Come join @Timmoru Suzuki@VerbalPuke, @mrroboto488 and myself with Detroit! :D

Yeah I wouldn't wish that upon anyone lol. The one selling point I can mention is: did you see what a great moment it was when the Cubs won the World Series? Someday, in 2055 or so, I'm going to bawl like a baby when my Lions make it to a Super Bowl and lose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mrroboto488 said:

Yeah I wouldn't wish that upon anyone lol. The one selling point I can mention is: did you see what a great moment it was when the Cubs won the World Series? Someday, in 2055 or so, I'm going to bawl like a baby when my Lions make it to a Super Bowl and lose.

Dude, this city would be fucking rocking if the Lions did that. 

I don't know, call me stupid but I actually feel optimistic. The hires have made sense, and we've done a great job with supplementing Holmes and Campbell with good coaches/assistants. And its nice to not feel like we're trying to be somebody else like the Patriots, or the Buc when Marinelli was here (or the 49ers prior to that). It sounds like guys like Duece Staley, Aaron, Glenn, and Aubrey Pleasant come highly regarded by players and staff around the league. 

4 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Dude, this city would be fucking rocking if the Lions did that. 

I don't know, call me stupid but I actually feel optimistic. The hires have made sense, and we've done a great job with supplementing Holmes and Campbell with good coaches/assistants. And its nice to not feel like we're trying to be somebody else like the Patriots, or the Buc when Marinelli was here (or the 49ers prior to that). It sounds like guys like Duece Staley, Aaron, Glenn, and Aubrey Pleasant come highly regarded by players and staff around the league. 

The teams in this city are at an all time low. All 4 are cellar dwellers. Atleast the Tigers and Red Wings have been rebuilding and stocking the cupboards with good prospect talent. The Lions and Pistons have been perennial top 10 drafters despite trying to be competitive. I look at the Wings and Tigers as being 2 or 3 years away from circling the wagons and being competitive playoff teams. The other two are more like 5 years away because they're just now embracing the rebuild. Unfortunately, the most I can muster is a cautious optimism for the Lions. Out of the 53 man roster from this season, I expect Ragnow, Okudah, Swift, and the punter Fox to be the only ones still on the team in a couple years. So really impossible to hazard a guess how we'll look by then. Comes down to how the QB we draft pans out. *crosses fingers for Trey Lance*

I 100% agree that when the Lions are winning division titles and contending for NFC championships, the city is going to be painted blue and silver

Patricia was such a poison to our team that I can't help but feel optimistic about Campbell. I'm liking the hires we've made to support him more and more too. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can get for Stafford (and I wish him every success wherever he goes... unless its Chicago >_> ), and then seeing where we go from here. 

I am actually intrigued by what the Lions are doing. I'm not sure I've seen a strategy so focused on adding coaches with NFL playing experience as much as they are and will be curious to see how it all works out.

And I'm not just saying that to build karma necessary to make this a reality! :pervert:

Edited by livid

Jimmy G got the Niners a few plays from winning the Super Bowl and they're clearly ready to move on from him a season later. I know the way his contract works they have that opportunity and the guy seems super injury prone but it's still kinda weird.

Stafford or Deshaun would be an obvious upgrade.

8 minutes ago, damshow said:

Jimmy G got the Niners a few plays from winning the Super Bowl and they're clearly ready to move on from him a season later. I know the way his contract works they have that opportunity and the guy seems super injury prone but it's still kinda weird.

Stafford or Deshaun would be an obvious upgrade.

Yeah it's really the injuries that are doing him in. If he had just an ok season but was healthy I'm sure they'd stick it out another year. But between that and them needing more cap room to re-sign some high priority FAs, it seems like it's a done deal.

A week ago I would have said he'd be the QB again next year with a reworked deal but there seems to be too much smoke around the Stafford thing in particular that it's just hard to see Jimmy still being on the team. 

3 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

If you really want to make @Meacon Keatonhate you, @Lintand I will take another Eagles member on the board.

Everyone else will hate you too, probably.

He said racism was a deal breaker! How could he be lumped in with such fans?!

• Sad 1