NFL 2020

Lineker

Yeah, if for whatever reason Brady chooses to stick around longer than normal, I doubt he'd be sticking with Tampa for too long. That team is built for winning now and in a couple of seasons that won't be the case anymore.

1 hour ago, LL. said:

Yeah, if for whatever reason Brady chooses to stick around longer than normal, I doubt he'd be sticking with Tampa for too long. That team is built for winning now and in a couple of seasons that won't be the case anymore.

Well, that's the case for pretty much any team that wins a Super Bowl in this era of free agency. Within three years most of the guys that got you there are gone, and the coaching staff gets picked clean. The one thing I'm hoping for with the Bucs is that Byron Leftwich is learning from both Brady and Arians and will eventually take the reigns of the team, if someone else doesn't snag him first. 

2 hours ago, Mick said:

I'm a Bucs fan. I don't expect anything with this team. I've watched them rise to the top twice, and I've seen them be the league laughing stock more than a few times. And if winning just one more Super Bowl than the Eagles or Rams is all I get out of it in my lifetime, I'm oddly cool with that. 

I'm sorry, they're not the Bucs. They're the Tampa Buccaneers.

Just now, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I'm sorry, they're not the Bucs. They're the Tampa Buccaneers.

Dude, why do you have to be an ass? Calling them Tampa for short is one thing, but this is pretty much just you being an ass, since nobody calls them the Tampa Buccaneers. 

Mate everyone here takes the piss about this with you. It's a running joke because you're a grown man who gets irrationally upset over the words Tampa and Tampa Bay. This was another playful, harmless joke about it since Bucs is short for Buccaneers in the same way Tampa and Tampa Bay are.

Relax a bit, man. I genuinely don't understand how you as an adult get so bent out of shape over simple words of a city or region.

God just shut up about it already.  Continually advertising what completely pointless, entirely harmless and incredibly dumb things annoy you is not a great way to get people to stop bringing them up.  Especially when you chose to be massively condescending to everyone the day the Bucs made the Super Bowl.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Maxx said:

God just shut up about it already.  Continually advertising what completely pointless, entirely harmless and incredibly dumb things annoy you is not a great way to get people to stop bringing them up.  Especially when you chose to be massively condescending to everyone the day the Bucs made the Super Bowl.

You're right. I'm genuinely sorry, guys, and I apologize. 

• Admin

TAMPA, Fla. -- With the Super Bowl being played at Raymond James Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, many have wondered if the Bucs will be allowed to continue their long-standing tradition of firing cannons from their pirate ship. For regular-season games, the cannons blast once every time the Bucs reach the end zone and for every point scored.

The NFL has made its decision, and in a memo sent to the Bucs and Kansas City Chiefs on Monday night, it declared that the Bucs will not be allowed to fire cannons during the game, league spokesperson Brian McCarthy told ESPN. However, the Bucs will be able to fire their cannons in their team introduction. The Bucs are the first team in NFL history to play a Super Bowl in their home stadium.

“The Super Bowl is a neutral-site game, and each year we equitably incorporate elements unique to home games of both participating clubs,” McCarthy told ESPN. “As a result, the cannons will not fire in the same fashion as at a traditional Buccaneers home game. Cannon fire will be heard when the Buccaneers are introduced, and should they win, the cannons will fire loud and long at Raymond James Stadium and throughout Tampa Bay.”

The only time in recent years that cannons did not fire was in Week 2 in 2017, due to water damaging the electrical system during Hurricane Irma.

The Bucs released a statement on the NFL's decision: “The firing of the cannons after big plays is a tradition that defines what it means to be a Buccaneer fan and serves as a signature element of our home game experience at Raymond James Stadium. However, we also acknowledge and understand the NFL’s position with regards to maintaining the integrity of a neutral site atmosphere for Super Bowl LV. While the cannons may not fire in their typical fashion, we look forward to showcasing parts of our tradition while working within the league’s guideline.”

2 hours ago, Buschie Lee said:

Pretty sure if Mahomes or Brady tested positive the NFL’s COVID policy would go out the door pretty quickly.

No doubt. They already said that there is no scenario where the Super Bowl would be postponed. 

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Sounds like the Bears and Colts are the two frontrunners for Carson Wentz, with the Bears apparently with the best offer so far. And it also seems to be a much better trade offer than most people expected. Leave it to the Bears to overpay for a broken quarterback. :lol: 

Quarterback expectations are very low in Chicago, even broken Wentz looks like a great investment to them.