NFL 2020

Lineker

I thought America the Beautiful was great, particularly the guitar.

This is not as good, the dude wearing sunglasses whilst the sky is quite obviously dark is not winning me over. A Google search seems to indicate this is not a one-off.

True MVP is the sign language guy though.

4 minutes ago, metalman said:

yup

I have no problem with the people in the stadium, the vast majority are vaccinated health workers.

The bars being open is stupid, but it has been stupid for a long time and given the US laws I'm not entirely sure what Biden could do to stop it.

3 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I have no problem with the people in the stadium, the vast majority are vaccinated health workers.

The bars being open is stupid, but it has been stupid for a long time and given the US laws I'm not entirely sure what Biden could do to stop it.

1. It's the messaging. Health workers or not, it sends the signal that these kind of mass gatherings are okay.

2. It's the messaging. Creating a situation where people who are vaccinated have access that non-vaccinated people don't have is a problematic in a situation where social solidarity - or at least a feeling that it exists - is absolutely vital.

3. It's the messaging. It's not about whether Biden should stop it. It's whether he should endorse it.

4. It's the messaging...

but as long as you have no problem with it...

1 minute ago, metalman said:

2. It's the messaging. Creating a situation where people who are vaccinated have access that non-vaccinated people don't have is a problematic in a situation where social solidarity - or at least a feeling that it exists - is absolutely vital.

Added bonus being that we know full well that the vaccines aren't 100% effective, so hoying even vaccinated people in massive crowds including unvaccinated people is still going to spread it. I've had mine, but I haven't started licking any railings yet, I'm waiting at least a few months before that.

• Sad 1