NFL 2020

Lineker

Tampa's pass rush caused Green Bay all kinds of problems, and with KC's line in the shape it is in, expecting Mahomes to face a lot of pressure. Although KC has shown they get get to the QB as well, and Tom Brady looked really bad when GB was able to get hits on him. Could easily see the defenses being the ones to solve the game.

4 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Tampa's pass rush caused Green Bay all kinds of problems, and with KC's line in the shape it is in, expecting Mahomes to face a lot of pressure. Although KC has shown they get get to the QB as well, and Tom Brady looked really bad when GB was able to get hits on him. Could easily see the defenses being the ones to solve the game.

Brady's 3 Super Bowl losses are all a direct result of him not getting enough pass protection and the opposing pass rush causing him to make bad throws and get frazzled.

Mahomes is not the best at picking up pass rushers until it's too late but he's so good on his feet he can buy time when he does.

Overall I think Mahomes will be under siege way too often to be able to make the big plays he's known for and TB will force a lot of FGs that allows them to win.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, metalman said:

The last NFL I watched was the 2017 Super Bowl. Thinking of watching this one because I don't have an early start at work tomorrow (part of the reason I haven't watched since 2017.- wfh isn't all bad, eh?)

I love working from home. Gives me more incentive to get loaded until 2 am when i don't have to drive in or see people.

Not that I do that, but the option is there and its always good to have options. 

Since I don't have skin in the game with either team, it's got me thinking - if this was the early 00's, after the Timberlake/Janet Jackson flash, who would be the halftime show act today? Britney Spears? Christina Aguilera? Creed? Matchbox Twenty?!

After Janet Jackson had her career deliberately destroyed by Les Moonves they started bringing in all the low-key classic rock artists. Most of them were good fortunately. Prince had the greatest halftime show ever. And then The Who Brexited the whole concept and we went back to the top pop artists of the day with special guests.

Playing hypotheticals though, after the Timberlake/Jackson Super Bowl we'd have probably had Beyonce the next year or year after instead of waiting another decade for her to dominate a halftime show. Black Eyed Peas might have had one a few years sooner as well. Same goes for Shakira.

Basically all the people who would have gotten to do halftime shows in the 00s wound up, for the most part, doing them in the 10s.

10 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I wasn't sure who to support during this, until I remembered that Antonio Brown plays for the Bucs now.

Go Chiefs.

Tbf, Tyreek Hill is just as garbage of a human being

• Like 1

I thought the PA announcer had forgotten who she was then. 

"It's um.... Her, yeah, that one over there."

Just now, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Tbf, Tyreek Hill is just as garbage of a human being

Oh absolutely, but Brown has a special place in my heart of hatred for giving up on the Steelers, because being the lead receiver wasn't enough for him.

• Like 1