NFL 2020

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Mick said:

"Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT" - Every Packers Fan ever. 

"My ass." - Me. 

And me!

I hate the whole Patriots run, but I have admit that Brady is the GOAT, and I'm pulling for the Bucs bigtime. I know the Chiefs will probably beat them, though.

Aaron Rodgers should probably be going to his 4th Super Bowl. He absolutely has been crushed by the double whammy of terrible coaching decisions and some shockingly bad plays by either special teams or defenders. Can't think of a surefire Hall of Famers whose failings are almost exclusively not on their shoulders. Usually the great ones just have terrible games (Elway had clunkers, Marino had a TON of clunkers, etc.) but Rodgers has done everything a winner should do in multiple playoff losses.

I just find it fascinating. He's been beset by so much freakishly bad luck.

That call gets worse the more I think about it. Even if they had failed to score on 4th down, they'd have Tampa backed up in terrible field position and if you can stop them there you have a great shot at winning it. And they kick a Field Goal.

Madness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meacon Keaton said:

We get it, Mick. You like the Buccaneers when they're good. 

I always like the Buccaneers. I liked the Bucs when Vinny Testaverde was the starting QB. I liked them when Sam Wyche was their head coach, and I went to my first game at then Tampa Stadium and the Lions murdered them. I liked them when Greg fucking Schiano was the head coach and they were awful, I liked them when Lovie Smith and Dirk Koetter didn't do shit with them. 

And now I get to gloat, because it's my team once again in the Super Bowl, with probably the greatest QB to play the game at the helm (...literally), after they went into fucking Lambeau Field to take on what was for years their biggest rivals in the biggest game of the season, and for bonus points I get to see all of you piss and moan about Tom Brady, while hoisting up pretty much every other QB that hasn't accomplished a fraction of what he did. Case and point:

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

Aaron Rodgers should probably be going to his 4th Super Bowl.

Well, he had his chance (again), didn't he? Oh well, boo freaking who Aaron Rodgers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

That call gets worse the more I think about it. Even if they had failed to score on 4th down, they'd have Tampa backed up in terrible field position and if you can stop them there you have a great shot at winning it. And they kick a Field Goal.

Madness.

It was absolutely moronic. At least if you get the TD next time around you win instead of tie? Idk. It made no sense.

5 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Every last one of the Tampa Bay guys accepting that trophy wearing a mask - except for Brady!

FTFY.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

That call gets worse the more I think about it. Even if they had failed to score on 4th down, they'd have Tampa Bay backed up in terrible field position and if you can stop them there you have a great shot at winning it. And they kick a Field Goal.

Madness.

FTFY.

4 minutes ago, damshow said:

Aaron Rodgers should probably be going to his 4th Super Bowl. He absolutely has been crushed by the double whammy of terrible coaching decisions and some shockingly bad plays by either special teams or defenders. Can't think of a surefire Hall of Famers whose failings are almost exclusively not on their shoulders. Usually the great ones just have terrible games (Elway had clunkers, Marino had a TON of clunkers, etc.) but Rodgers has done everything a winner should do in multiple playoff losses.

I just find it fascinating. He's been beset by so much freakishly bad luck.

Yeah, it’s really mental at this point.  I mean at least he got a ring unlike Marino, but he may well never win another one despite doing all the right things along the way.

I’d seriously want to get the hell away from Matt LaFleur after those garbage decisions 

• Like 2

• Admin
9 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Imagine if Jordan Love busts now too @Maxx

If he busts? How does he even get a chance to boom OR bust in Green Bay? As a franchise, you are NOT moving on from Rodgers whilst he plays like he did this year.

I think that Love eventually is forced to move on without ever taking a meaningful snap. It was a staggeringly bad pick.

7 minutes ago, Mick said:

I always like the Buccaneers. I liked the Bucs when Vinny Testaverde was the starting QB. I liked them when Sam Wyche was their head coach, and I went to my first game at then Tampa Bay Stadium and the Lions murdered them. I liked them when Greg fucking Schiano was the head coach and they were awful, I liked them when Lovie Smith and Dirk Koetter didn't do shit with them.

FTFY.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

If he busts? How does he even get a chance to boom OR bust in Green Bay? As a franchise, you are NOT moving on from Rodgers whilst he plays like he did this year.

I think that Love eventually is forced to move on without ever taking a meaningful snap. It was a staggeringly bad pick.

Rodgers sat behind Favre for his first three seasons after going in the 1st Round. I know the league treats high-draft QBs with way more urgency now but if he buys into that idea of sitting behind a legend and learning he may stick it out.

The issue is with that is nowadays thats dead cap weight just sitting there for GB and lost out potential earnings and stuff for Love - big investment of time each way. Not impossible but just hard to imagine it happening that way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JMarushin said:

The issue is with that is nowadays thats dead cap weight just sitting there for GB and lost out potential earnings and stuff for Love - big investment of time each way. Not impossible but just hard to imagine it happening that way.

I think this was the same criticism when they picked Rodgers too. Basically they were paying him a good amount of money to never play. And in Favre's final years the cap money Rodgers cost them (as well as burning a first rounder on him) could have gone to immediate help towards them winning a title. It's like as a franchise their shell-shocked by the 20 years in the wilderness between Starr and Favre and get too risk-averse when it comes to finding the successor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Ok Mick, we can all let the tired gag die now. Just enjoy your team's moment.

Just call them by their damn name! The City of Tampa doesn't have a football team, the region of Tampa Bay does. The Rays don't play in Tampa, they play in St. Petersburg, hence the Tampa Bay Rays. I'm being an ass about this because there's a fucking Bay there, otherwise ya'll better call the Patriots Boston or Foxboro, the Cowboys Arlington, etc. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Mick said:

Just call them by their damn name! The City of Tampa doesn't have a football team, the region of Tampa Bay does. The Rays don't play in Tampa, they play in St. Petersburg, hence the Tampa Bay Rays. I'm being an ass about this because there's a fucking Bay there, otherwise ya'll better call the Patriots Boston or Foxboro, the Cowboys Arlington, etc. 

Calm down mate, no need to lose your Tampa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10