Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

I very much want to believe he is going to stay, but I also don't have any faith in FSG to sharer their wage structure for him, which is what it is going to take for Salah to re-sign. He wants to get paid like the best in the world footballer that he is.

Fucking hell Peter Walton has disagreed with an on-field refereeing decision 🤯

Think Sanchez is a lucky boy there. You have to think the decision is different if Diaz’s header goes wide - which is why it was the wrong decision by the ref and VAR.

• Like 1

Should be a red card that for Sanchez and the goal for Diaz. Doesn't get anywhere near the ball and just takes out Diaz with his leg. 

But Stuart Attwell is a cock 

• Like 2

That's absolutely absurd by VAR. It just screams "well they scored from it, so let's not double jeopardy Brighton".

Diaz is so lucky he's not hurt from that. Wonderful determination from him. Very happy he's okay

I guess the referee didn't send him off because Diaz scored. If it hadn't gone in then it would've clearly been a penalty and the keeper would be off, surely?

Not seen it yet (nicking the telly off my damn wiener kids for half time), but it'd only be a red for violent conduct-y bits, if it's gone in you can't send him off for denying a goal.

If that was an outfield player on an outfield player it'd have been a red.

If that was an outfield player on a goalkeeper, it'd have been a red. 

If the ball went wide of the post he'd have gotten a red 

22 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

If that was an outfield player on an outfield player it'd have been a red.

If that was an outfield player on a goalkeeper, it'd have been a red. 

If the ball went wide of the post he'd have gotten a red 

This raises many a question.

• Haha 2

Just common sense innit.

Goalkeepers getting so much protection + standard of officiating in the country being shite = Awful decision being made 

I do think it could have been red, but you'd have to say that at least a keeper has an excuse for having an arm raised so it is slightly different.

That's by the by really considering the main contact is with his leg, and his inner thigh realistically which is unlikely to do any massive damage. Probably helped his case.

Those 5 minutes when we had fit wing-backs were nice. Now we're starting the non-WB backups to our normal non-WB backups. 

At least Alonso is back on the bench after his illness, I guess.