Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Fuck I'm going to miss this guy.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Fuck I'm going to miss this guy.

This part of the statement is actually huge.

Arguably the most prominent Russian businessman selling up after being accused of being a patsy of Putin - AND he is donating all proceeds to victims of the war.

I mean. Before we continue to you know praise the dodgy oligarch for writing off debt... This is the same guy who did the following not long ago. Chelsea are just caught in a crossfire of being owned by him. He's selling before it gets taken from him. At the same time I do believe he has good intentions for Chelsea and I do believe he has an affinity for the club/fans etc. But until the actions he says he'll do have happened I'm not buying it. 

• Like 5