Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Absolutely tonked. 6-0

Mane x2, Salah x2, Matip and Van Dijk with the goals. Didn't have to really go out of 2nd/3rd gear and no injuries coming out of the match. Couldn't ask for a better game going into a cup final. 9 wins on the bounce in all comps and now +4 better goal difference than City and 3 points behind. 

Who knows, still in with a shout for all 4 competitions... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

Were they? I thought he was pretty much regarded as a great signing?

Yes. 

Way too many people, including here, practically discredited him immediately because he didn't hit the ground running at Liverpool, despite the late signing, getting Covid right away, and then missing all that time because of Richarlison's dirty cunt tackle.

So much of last season I heard talk of him not being a fit, slowing us down, etc.

• Admin
2 hours ago, damhausen said:

You'd figure after the revolving door of so many managers they'd figure out what the problem was.

The problem is that we are run terrifically as a business but horrendously as a football club.

Just praying that this is Antonio either having his emotions running high; or it's him putting further pressure on the need for complete and unquestioned backing in the transfer market this summer.

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

The problem is that we are run terrifically as a business but horrendously as a football club.

Just praying that this is Antonio either having his emotions running high; or it's him putting further pressure on the need for complete and unquestioned backing in the transfer market this summer.

I think we all know Levy is not going to back Conte to the extent that Conte wants. 1) it's Levy, who pretty much never properly backs his manager 2) it's Conte, who has irrationally high standards of how much money he should be given to spend by every board he's ever been at, 3) Conte will NEVER be satisfied

I mean, this is empty melodrama. He knows what this team is presently, beating Manchester City -- a thing this Tottenham team has somehow reliably managed to do under every manager we've had in the last half-decade and change (except for Ryan Mason, but hard to blame Mason because a trophy was on the line so Spurs were never going to win) -- doesn't somehow mean that this team isn't going to go back to doing the exact same thing they did the couple games prior. He's the one who's repeatedly stressed that remaking the squad is going to be a long road and completely downplayed all expectations for this season. This is part of that.

• Like 3

Conte is blaming his own failings on the players - and the idea that "the players are the same" is silly. This is a vastly different squad to the one Poch left, for example, with 12 players in and 16 out in the time since he left, and plenty of players who were only just emerging during Poch's last season.

On 23/02/2022 at 22:05, Szumi - A Polack said:

Yes. 

Way too many people, including here, practically discredited him immediately because he didn't hit the ground running at Liverpool, despite the late signing, getting Covid right away, and then missing all that time because of Richarlison's dirty cunt tackle.

So much of last season I heard talk of him not being a fit, slowing us down, etc.

Very few people come in to Liverpool and Day One smash it, but the recruiting team clearly identifies things within players what they can maximise from working with them, Thiago is gr8

Oh good, a superb performance to bring back the emotional confusion again.

What won't be confusing is how emotional I'm going to be when Eriksen comes on today, I mean this has almost got me blubbing already:

Eriksen, speaking to the Brentford match day programme, says: "I remember it all. Except those minutes when I was in heaven."

• Like 1