NFL 2021

Lineker

47 minutes ago, damshow said:

John Harbaugh has fired a coordinator! Of course it was Martindale and so far no word on Roman.

*Insert prayer circle*

I mean, up to Lamar going out the offense was honestly fine. Especially since we had no running backs and the oline was held up with gaffer tape. Even the non Lamar weeks Huntley and Johnson(?) performed well above my expectations.

The team just fell apart physically this year, I'd be hard-pressed to sack Roman over this season's results.

But I probably don't know enough about football to have a good opinion

22 minutes ago, Absolute JasonM said:

I mean, up to Lamar going out the offense was honestly fine. Especially since we had no running backs and the oline was held up with gaffer tape. Even the non Lamar weeks Huntley and Johnson(?) performed well above my expectations.

The team just fell apart physically this year, I'd be hard-pressed to sack Roman over this season's results.

But I probably don't know enough about football to have a good opinion

The play calling relied on talent a lot. Like if a play fell apart Lamar could still make something happen. That's a good thing but you want the offensive play calling to not be designed to fall back on that.

They had great red zone offense but they had a lot of trouble getting there and then when they got too close the play calling's weaknesses were glaring. Roman needs a lot of field and time to make his plays work, he doesn't add a lot of complexity to the passing game and likes to run guys in verticals to clear space for Lamar to run. All things you can't do in goal-to-situations. Overall defenses have figured all this out, preferring to play guys up close to disrupt the plays early, and he doesn't adapt.

Which is the biggest thing, he has been calling the same plays more or less for 3 years and outside of Andrews and Lamar the rest of the offensive skill position players this year were forced to fit into what he wanted them to be instead of calling plays designed for them.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 18:39, Maxx said:

Kaaron Rodgers may have surpassed Brady as the QB I most want to be gone from the league.

Rodgers has always been the one I want gone. Brady is cocky, but can back it up. Rodgers is just a rude, arrogant jackass. 

And of the teams left in the playoffs, I won't be watching if we end up with a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl. Because I don't want that bastard getting another ring, and I don't see the Chiefs beating the Packers.

Edited by GhostMachine

9 hours ago, damshow said:

I assume Joe Schoen will try to bring Daboll to East Rutherford.

Well, mere hours after Schoen was hired...

Admittedly, there are timing issues.  If the Bills advance this week, their coaches can no longer do a first interview until their season ends (but can do a second interview).  So it made sense to get this done as Schoen hasn’t even left Buffalo yet.  They’re expected to interview Leslie Frazier tomorrow morning for the same reason.

But yeah, the betting lines are already heavily in favor of Daboll.

You know...

The Bucs have won two Super Bowls in my lifetime, all before I hit 40. That's two more than my dad could say about his Lions. 

Having lived around the people and hearing rant after rant about how great Aaron Rodgers is, at this point in football, I'm only watching for anything that makes him miserable :shifty: . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, damshow said:

John Harbaugh has fired a coordinator! Of course it was Martindale and so far no word on Roman.

*Insert prayer circle*

Truly amazing that both Harbaughs have such a blind spot for how big of a moron Roman is.