Formula One 2022

Lineker

It’s got to be really concerning for Red Bull that 3 out of the 4 engines they had on the track gave up over the last 10 laps. Not every race is going to be anywhere near the heat of Bahrain but that’s going to cause some sleepless nights.

The drivers have been meeting well into the night to debate whether they should pull out of the race over this missile attack on the Aramco plant, all while the F1 bigwigs say it's going ahead.

Elite international sport really should stop cosying up to these regimes.

I can foresee a situation where the drivers form a united front and refuse to qualify tomorrow. Media personnel like Ralf Schumacher for Sky Germany are already choosing to head out, and who can blame them.

If a missile can hit a few miles from the track, then a second one can hit the track.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

It’s outrageous that the FIA are putting the drivers in a position to have to choose whether they are comfortable risking a missile attack to go racing.

Somehow that's a completely normal sentence nowdays.

23 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The speculation is that if the race doesn't go ahead there will be 'difficulties' for the teams when they try to leave the country. 

I feel like we've heard something like that from Saudi Arabia before...

Feel terrible for the drivers and staff to be stuck in this. But for F1 what did they expect doing money with the biggest blood money psychopaths out there.

If they don't race, they'll probably be held in SAF for a good while putting the lives of everyone involved at risk. But since F1 doesn't seem to care about lives, it also puts the Aus GP at risk.

Fucking shitshow all around. This F1 race is the first skip for me in a long time.

Mick seems to be OK, but there's no chance of fixing that car for tomorrow (and I doubt he'd be cleared).

Sergio! 215th race, first pole!

After this week for Italy though I'd really appreciate a Ferrari 1-2 tomorrow :shifty:.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Such a boring race.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, there was intrigue at the front throughout and the Leclerc/Max battle was decent at the end, and some of the racing for 5th - 10th was really exciting.

That said, I'd still rather we never, ever go back to Saudi Arabia mind.