Formula One 2022

Lineker

I’m expecting a safety car on the first lap and at least 3/4 cars to come away having made contact somewhere in that lap.

Martin Brundle confusing Duke basketball RR Paolo Bonchera for Patrick Mahomes was a moment.

Both Aston Martin’s starting from the pit lane. No news as to why. Rough turn of events for them. Edit: According to Stroll it’s an issue with the fuel impacting both cars.

Edited by Twist

That's probably the most anxiety inducing grid walk i've ever seen Brundle do. What an absolute mess.

EDIT: So Aston Martin fridged their fuel too much and as a result start in pit lane so they can avoid a penalty.

• Like 1

The grid walk was as insane as expected, I'm glad Martin finally got some words from Venus Williams after all these years. I'm not sure if it came across, but I believe Pharrell Williams is there with Richard Mille.

As talented as George Russell is, he may be the worst race starter in recent memory.

43 minutes ago, Twist said:

I’m expecting a safety car on the first lap and at least 3/4 cars to come away having made contact somewhere in that lap.

I’m having some very bad takes this weekend.

• Haha 1

I was walking down the street yesterday and got hit by a bunch of cars. They were going so fast. Much faster than is usually seen in this insane city.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This has been dull as dishwater so far. Which is a shame because everything this weekend was indicating it would all be a bit mad.

7 minutes ago, Lineker said:

There it is.

Oh damn, I was on delay!

51 minutes ago, Adam said:

Some of the camera angles they show for live overtakes and battles are just awful. So many onboard type views where you just can't see the cars racing at all, it's more like following on the game.

Case in point: 6 different camera angles of the Norris/Gasly crash, not one of them actually showing us clearly what happened.

2 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Really awkward decision for Mercedes here, once they get going they should really tell Lewis to move over and let George through to try and attack the top 5...

Now they’ve told him to stay out I can’t imagine him being thrilled being told to let George through. Looks like he would have been behind George on a fresh set if he’d pitted.

Seems like Mercedes have done themselves over here. Both cars on fresh tyres would have made life very difficult for Bottas.