2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

02A3A343-93E4-45A6-9720-CD0879D29020.jpeg

YOU GUYS LIKE BLACK HELMETS!?  GREAT NEWS!

Small amount of credit to the Cardinals for at least adding red specks to theirs.

Oh my god the alternate black helmets all fill me with zero excitement and then there's the ungodly horrendous orange crush Bears helmet.

All we wanted was for this to allow for a return to classic throwbacks. Cowboys white helmet, Eagles kelly green, Broncos royal blue, Seahawks silver, etc.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2022 at 08:41, damhausen said:

Case in point, the throwbacks are all good and the others besides arguably Cincinnati and Houston are bad or not needed.

I'm sure the Houston ensemble will look terrible on the field though, like those awful KC mono-reds they sometimes wear.

The Cowboys alternate is probably going to be worn with their all-white color rush uniforms.

Do not like the Bears, Commanders, Texans and Jets alternates. 

So I don't know if this was brought up re: Kyler Murray's extension but he is now contractually obligated to do 4 hours of "homework" each week in preparation for upcoming games 

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyler-murrays-study-hall-clause-is-a-bizarre-move-by-the-arizona-cardinals-054401580.html

6 hours ago, Krabby said:

So I don't know if this was brought up re: Kyler Murray's extension but he is now contractually obligated to do 4 hours of "homework" each week in preparation for upcoming games 

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyler-murrays-study-hall-clause-is-a-bizarre-move-by-the-arizona-cardinals-054401580.html

That's a really weird clause to have in a contract. Does he just... not do that? NFL QBs are usually known to obsess over that stuff.

• Confused 1

it’s also very specifically stated that he can’t use the internet or be otherwise distracted by another activity during film study.  

I’m sure the NFLPA is just thrilled with a team getting that into a contract.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, damhausen said:

That's a really weird clause to have in a contract. Does he just... not do that? NFL QBs are usually known to obsess over that stuff.

I think the implication in the article is that he must not despite, like you said, that kind of study being pretty much the norm. Apparently there's also like over 10 million in bonus incentives if Kyler is at the training facility for stuff. I guess I didn't realize this during the draft but Marquise Brown was his teammate at OU who has a pretty intense training regimen - so that could up Kyler's game more than another WR.