2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

14 hours ago, Maxx said:

Trash for the trash birds

Seriously, that wordmark is terrible.  Looks like something I could've made in MS Paint in 5 minutes. 

Looks like I'll be using E-bay to buy merch

• Haha 1

I figured this would be the most likely outcome.  No matter how guilty he appeared, a settlement is not the admission of guilt the court of public opinion generally assumes it to be.

From Watson’s perspective, the burden of proof is substantially less in a civil case than a criminal one, based on what’s already come out it seems incredibly likely it would’ve cost him a hell of a lot more than whatever these settlements cost him.

The accusers receive compensation without having to have their names and details of their abuse plastered out there any further.

Settlements or not, the NFL absolutely need to throw the book at him.

Yeah he retired after 2001 so that Super Bowl came in the twilight of his career. He and Sam Adams were monsters up front on that defense. Ravens have basically always had absolute meat on the defensive line but having been primarily in a 3-4 the last 20 years there hasn't been a sequel to that front 4 from that Super Bowl year.

Had a ton of personality and along with Shannon Sharpe were the media faces of that team. He was on Sports Illustrated and went on Letterman, then obviously was on Fox for years.

Marlin Briscoe passed away at the age of 76.  In 1968, he became the first African-American starting QB in the history of the AFL, started five games for the Broncos.

He spent the rest of his career as a wide receiver, winning two rings with the Dolphins including their undefeated season.

• Sad 2