2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

Tore his Achilles.  Maybe a little bit of a warning, but when it happens, you do hear an audible "pop"

Longest tenured Raven in history. He no longer had the distance on his kicks despite still having a ton of precision.

He's sliding into a consultant role which would theoretically let him come out of retirement if needed while also getting him ready for a coaching career that could easily lead to a special teams coordinator job. Nobody studied punting more.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, damhausen said:

Longest tenured Raven in history. He no longer had the distance on his kicks despite still having a ton of precision.

He's sliding into a consultant role which would theoretically let him come out of retirement if needed while also getting him ready for a coaching career that could easily lead to a special teams coordinator job. Nobody studied punting more.

And he watched/held for Justin Tucker as well as Matt Stover

40 minutes ago, LL! said:

Change it to the Commanders, you cowards! Broadcast the shit show to the masses. 

I think you're underestimating how much of a shit show Arizona is/can be.

3 minutes ago, livid said:

I think you're underestimating how much of a shit show Arizona is/can be.

But the Commanders just bought a new plot of land in Virginia, screwing over their fans AGAIN. 

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Dennis Haskins' blood alcohol content was 3 times Florida's legal limit when he was hit and killed. 

fuck, Mr. Belding died!?

• Sad 1

Commanders purchased land in Prince William County, VA for $100 million. With the new stadium likely not happening in Maryland, and requiring a ton of wrangling to happen on federal land in DC, it's been rumored for awhile Snyder will take his shot at a stadium in far suburban VA.

For those not familiar with the area DC is kind of a midway point for me on my drives to Prince William County where a good friend of mine lives. It's waayyyyy out there when compared to Landover. 

Of course with Snyder potentially getting ousted this land could wind up as an expensive purchase that goes nowhere.

Am curious what happens with the site in Landover. The region already got its second arena, DC United just built a new stadium in DC, Nats aren't going anywhere, Maryland football has a large on campus stadium. It could just get converted into housing I suppose, but that area is designed to have some kind of large entertainment venue.