2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

9 hours ago, Krabby said:

Like...he knows John Elway, Terrell Davis, and Shannon Sharpe are all retired right?

Look, he's obviously banking on Peyton Manning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obvious CW on this one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html

So without delving into the details, the biggest takeaway I have is that the league very likely hasn't done shit because one of their franchises was (until a year ago) actively enabling Watson. Now that the cat is out of the bag they really are all out excuses. Not that they had any before but we all know what's going on and what went on.

2 hours ago, damhausen said:

Obvious CW on this one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html

So without delving into the details, the biggest takeaway I have is that the league very likely hasn't done shit because one of their franchises was (until a year ago) actively enabling Watson. Now that the cat is out of the bag they really are all out excuses. Not that they had any before but we all know what's going on and what went on.

So ridiculous. I would find the terrible predicament the Browns find themselves in right now hilarious if it wasn't so sad. 

1 hour ago, Warhawk8492 said:

I hope The Commanders get a new owner.

First off, The Commanders.  Still a terrible name.  As an Eagles fan, they should've gone Washington Football Club.  Its different, its unique, it works so much better.

Second, I don't think anything is going to take Dan Snyder down.  He's a possible sex trafficker, he's probably ripped off the other owners in revenue sharing, but he also probably has a ton of dirt on other owners. 

Sadly, Snyder is here to stay

• Sad 1

• Like 3

Like let's hypothetically take away the accusations and assume that he was on his best behavior with every therapist he's seen.  Just look at the numbers.  How and why would a professional athlete need to search this hard for a massage therapist they were happy with?  Who needs to see 24 therapists in such a short span, let alone 66?

Even in this scenario, my brain would immediately jump to him being a creep.  Even if he'd solicited nothing I'd assume he was getting his jollies just knowing that he could pay to have dozens of women massaging him.  It's just not normal behavior.

So yeah, boggles my mind how anyone could still defend Watson. 

• Sad 1

The shitty thing is it's obvious the Browns did do their homework and knew a season-long suspension was highly likely. Hence their slowness to do anything with Baker and circumventing the cap with Watson only being owed $1 million this year. Some of the details they may not have gotten but they totally knew the extent to which Watson was a predator to massage therapists.

It would set a terrible precedent if the league lets them get away with this, or bails them out. 

• Sad 1

• Sad 2

The Saints wore a black helmet for a single pre-season game in 1969 before its further use was shot down by the league. Well, they are going to have a brand new alternate black helmet that they'll wear for at least one game next season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/saints-unveil-new-black-helmet 

The Eagles have a new text logo, and I agree with this article about it:

https://fansided.com/2022/06/16/eagles-logo-rebrand-boring/ 

• Like 1